Posted Apr 19, 2014
2:08:19 PM
View profile
No recordings on DVR but showing 90% free
Edited by kmshrmn on Apr 19, 2014 at 2:08:50 PM

I have no recordings on my DVR but it's still showing that only 90% of my DVR is free. I tried to try and google a way to fix it but I haven't been able to find anything.

Is there an easy way to fix this without having to call customer service?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Apr 19, 2014 8:40:10 PM
(0)
Employee
The 10% is reserved, with no recordings 90% usage is correct regardless of size of hard drive.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Accepted Solution

No recordings on DVR but showing 90% free

[ Edited ]
2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Apr 19, 2014 2:31:48 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
kmshrmn - I believe the accepted explanation is that the 10% is reserved for allowing trick play on live TV. You would think they could do the calculation & tell you what is available to you. That is the kind of thing a usability group ferrets out. Many have had the same conundrum.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: No recordings on DVR but showing 90% free

2 of 3 (353 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Apr 19, 2014 8:40:10 PM
(0)
Employee
The 10% is reserved, with no recordings 90% usage is correct regardless of size of hard drive.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: No recordings on DVR but showing 90% free

3 of 3 (331 Views)
Solution