tnystel's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Tuesday, July 8th, 2014 1:42 AM

My DVR just forgot to record any of the series I had programmed

I found out yesterday that my DVR was not going to record anything for Sunday night. I checked and found out that, even though I had several series listed to record new episodes, none of them were going to record. The series recording summary stated that there were no upcoming episodes. When I checked the series listings, they had all been changed to a specific time (from anytime) and first run and rerun (from first run only). I had to go back through and re-program each program. The new listings work just fine, but I am puzzled as to why this happened in the first place.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

10 years ago

I have had this issue in the past.  I have found that periodic (every fortnight or two) soft reboots (hold the power button for about 10 seconds, until it blinks) seem to improve the reliability of the DVR's operation.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

10 years ago

I'd do a hard reboot by unplug/plug in power after 30 seconds. This will fix many DVR problems, let us know if it worked, good luck. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
or ATT Customer Care (all other problems)

Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

I did it the hard way, by re-establishing the series recordings manually and eliminating the old ones that had ceased to operate. The new recording settings are working just fine. I am of the opinion that there is nothing wrong with my DVR but that I got some kind of reset signal from the Uverse network that screwed them up. Anyway, the last time I started doing hard reboots, I lost all of my stored recordings. 

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

10 years ago

Hi @tnystel 

Just checking up on your post. I apologize that the DVR wasn't acting properly the first time you setup the series recordings but, hopefully the suggestions that mibrnsurg and JefferMC shared will prevent this sort of issue. To add on to their feedback, rebooting the U-verse Gateway device can refresh the network and also help resolve strange issues like this as well. Feel free to let us know if you run into any other issues with your service and we will be glad to help! Thank you 🙂

- MorganCS
- ATTU-verseCare

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

Last night, in the middle of playing a recorded program, the DVR stopped the replay. There was some verbiage about no signal. I checked the recording menu, and there were no recordings. I did a soft boot, by pressing and holding the power button. After 10 minutes of rebooting, all the recordings were back, and we were able to continue watching our program. 

This is less frequent now that I have a wireless DVR. I am glad that I didn't lose my recordings like I did last time. 

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

10 years ago

Thank you for the update. Hopefully the Total Home DVR service will continue to perform without any interruptions but if you notice the problems occuring more and more, let us know and we'll be glad to help.

- MorganCS
- ATTU-verseCare

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.