For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
carinacruz06's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, August 12th, 2014 3:23 AM

I cant return U-verse equipment

I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO RETURN THIS EQUIPMENT FOR 2 MONTHS NOW 

i called ATT and they gave me the account and shipping  numbers to give to UP...  UPS  says they cant take it because the account does not exist anymore  went home called ATT again and they said the numbers were correct go back to UPS again and try went back and they still said they could not help me  called ATT again .......i said can i please take them into the ATT store here they said sure ....tried 3 times

i would of kept U-verse but it is not available where i bought my new home i want to give this equipment back they wont even let me upgrade my phone until i return the boxes or pay what the equipment is worth which is over $600.00 dollars

where do i get a shipping label from ??   all my phones calls where over an hour

someone please help !!!  

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

10 years ago

@carinacruz06@  wrote:

I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO RETURN THIS EQUIPMENT FOR 2 MONTHS NOW 

i called ATT and they gave me the account and shipping  numbers to give to UP...  UPS  says they cant take it because the account does not exist anymore  went home called ATT again and they said the numbers were correct go back to UPS again and try went back and they still said they could not help me  called ATT again .......i said can i please take them into the ATT store here they said sure ....tried 3 times

i would of kept U-verse but it is not available where i bought my new home i want to give this equipment back they wont even let me upgrade my phone until i return the boxes or pay what the equipment is worth which is over $600.00 dollars

where do i get a shipping label from ??   all my phones calls where over an hour

someone please help !!!  

When I had to return my equipment I did not need anything as far as account numbers or the like. I just plopped everything on the counter and got a tracking number. The serial numbers on the equipment are what ties them to your account. That was over 5 years ago though, so things could have changed.

The one thing I do know is you can't take them directly to UPS, you have to take them to a UPS "STORE", and not all UPS stores participate in the return program.

As well, there are differences in AT&T stores. From what I've been told, there are "official" AT&T stores, and there are AT&T stores that are basically some yahoo that paid AT&T to be able to put their logo up front and resell there wireless services/devices, called an "Authorized Retailer".

An Authorized Retailer might not want to handle Uverse returns, or may not be required to.

You can find "official AT&T stores here. https://www.att.com/maps/store-locator.html#fbid=0H8uuyh_kgK

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

10 years ago

I don't even know that you CAN take the equipment to an ATT store...authorized or not.  I thought it was UPS exclusively. 

Former Employee

• 

45 Messages

10 years ago

If the UPS store isn't accepting them, u can contact the support and ask them to email u a return label, print it and stick to the package and drop them at USPS. I still feel that something is wrong at the UPS Store or u hvnt been to an authorized UPS store for the return. They should take it if it is an ATT authorized store.

Former Employee

• 

45 Messages

10 years ago

Att store wont accept the boxes. UPS knows where to return them.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.