JapanInMyDreams's profile

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

Saturday, February 5th, 2011 1:00 AM

How do I connect my AT&T U-Verse box back up?

Hello AT&T customers!  I recently had the walls to my bedroom painted, so I unhooked all my electronics and tossed them in a box.

Now I need to get the AT&T U-Verse box hooked up again so I can watch the movie channels again!  What all cords and equipment came with the AT&T U-Verse box, and how do I get them all connected properly?

• 

25.7K Messages

13 years ago

Do you have another DVR or STB elseware in the house you can go look at for reference?  I would go look at one of those and try to match things as close as possible for the bedroom and take it from there.

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

13 years ago

@BeeBeeSA wrote:

Do you have another DVR or STB elseware in the house you can go look at for reference?  I would go look at one of those and try to match things as close as possible for the bedroom and take it from there.

I looked at the AT&T U-Verse box set up on my back porch.  It's connected the same way as my bedroom box.  The only difference is that my bedroom box won't display on my TV.

Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

13 years ago

Then, you'll need to try swapping the boxes as suggested earlier, and/or swap the Ethernet cables and see if it's the box or the cable.

Is your TV small enough to carry to the porch and try it there?  Could be something wrong with the TV?

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

13 years ago

@spd2demun wrote:

Then, you'll need to try swapping the boxes as suggested earlier, and/or swap the Ethernet cables and see if it's the box or the cable.

Is your TV small enough to carry to the porch and try it there?  Could be something wrong with the TV?

My TV is too heavy to carry to the porch.

I don't think there is something wrong with my TV.  I can play my Xbox 360 on it.

Employee

• 

3.9K Messages

13 years ago

Is it possible paint got on the contacts in the wall plate and the cable end is not making good contact. If it is paint you should be able to clean it off but be carefull not to bend the pins. Sticking the end of the cable in several times if the coating is thin may scrape it off. Depending on the type of paint a drop of water or paint thinner may work. If you have the tools just replacing the connector in the wall if the problem was called by paint. In the past all you needed was a screwdriver and longnose pliers. Not sure how the wires are connected using newer connectors.

Mentor

• 

69 Messages

13 years ago

Not sure if this will help but take a look here. http://www.foxcitiestv.com/node/962

Also as mentioned, make sure your TV is on the correct chanel. You can also call tech support and they will walk you through the conections. Just dial 924 when you get the recorded mesage, this will get you to a real person. I hope this helps.

Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

13 years ago

Call ts at the number in my sig.  Ask the csr to run a test to see if the stb is showing up.  Or if there are any errors.  If so, they will send a tech out to check your service and get you connected properly if necessary.

Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

13 years ago

OK, and I forgot about the Xbox.
And you were connected via Ethernet according to your photo of the wall plate?
The easiest solution would be to bring the porch box to the other room and see if it works there.
You can also download UverseRealtime and look at your stats (or post screenshots) as it will show all of your equipment online or not.

@JapanInMyDreams wrote:

@spd2demun wrote:

My TV is too heavy to carry to the porch.

I don't think there is something wrong with my TV.  I can play my Xbox 360 on it.

Guru

• 

1K Messages

13 years ago

Thanks for posting the solution!

docbombay

Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

13 years ago

Glad you figured it out--sometimes it's the simplest of things. Smiley Happy

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.