Joe Golden's profile

Mentor

• 

59 Messages

Saturday, March 30th, 2013 7:42 PM

Help with a Disturbing Problem

The picture on the TV attached to the DVR will get bigger then go back to normal (1080i).  I have checked and rechecked the aspect ratio many times and all is OK there.  I have other TV's in the house and they do have this problem but are connected via stb's.  My DVR is one of the old ones, 117GB.  Anyone have this problem and what was the solution?  Thanks in advance.

Joe

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

Joe Golden - Yes, it is set at normal. Change it to see if it looks like the problem. It may be changing sporadically due to IR corruption or a bug or hardware failure.

I suppose the cause is moot. If the DVR is doing this call in to ask ythat it be replaced.

Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

11 years ago

I have seen that happen when I am looking at the channel guide sometime.  Have you called TS and asked them to check your service for errors?  You can use the phone number in my sig to reach them.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

Joe Golden - Quite a while ago there were cases of the guide getting bigger. It did go away. But, recently I saw two or three cases. But, it does not last. Any activity & it goes back to normal.

Your description makes me think of the zoom button. Click the enter button (bottom right). Navigate to zoom & see if that is what you are experiencing.

If it happens automatically and lasts, do the zoom button to see what is checked.

Could be IR corruption or a bug.

Are you saying it does or does not happen on the other STBs??

Mentor

• 

59 Messages

11 years ago

It only happens on the DVR, all other STB's are normal.  The zoom is set at normal.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

11 years ago

@Joe Golden wrote:

The picture on the TV attached to the DVR will get bigger then go back to normal (1080i).  I have checked and rechecked the aspect ratio many times and all is OK there.  I have other TV's in the house and they do have this problem but are connected via stb's.  My DVR is one of the old ones, 117GB.  Anyone have this problem and what was the solution?  Thanks in advance.

Joe

I'd do a hard reboot by unplug/plug in power after 30 seconds. This will fix many DVR problems, let us know if it worked.  I have had a 1216 for more than 4 years and not seen that happen; although I reboot it every week or two, good luck. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Mentor

• 

59 Messages

11 years ago

Thanks Chris, the hard reboot was the first thing I did to try and resolve this problem.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.