For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Vipermansa's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Sunday, July 6th, 2014 10:26 PM

Dvr recordings continually stop during playback

It happens almost every time we watch a recording on all of our receivers.
We will be in the middle of a show and it just stops as if the show is over....

Really frustrating....
What do we do?

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

ikari922

I had a similar situation many years ago. I decided it was a bad segment or sector on the HD. I simply saved the show to block that segment & it did not happen again.

You could have a different problem, but, you can give that strategy a try.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

What do you mean by saving a show?

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

I mean do not erase it. If you tend to build up a lot of shows so that it will erase automatically tomake space for a new recording mark it as do not erase automatically.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

No we never have that many shows where they would erase each other.
We have like 45% full right now and it still happens

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

Are you warching the show and it stops & you say this show is no good & erase it? When you do that you free up the space to be used again & to stop prematurely, yet again.

I am saying, instead of erasing it. Leave it there to block the fault. Perhaps, you will be trouble free after that. If not, keep the next show it happens on & so on. At some point you will need to get another DVR.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

No we don't erase until we watch the whole show.
We try to rewind 30 seconds then watch 5 seconds then skip ahead 30 seconds.

It's a real pain

Would we need to pay for a new receiver from att?

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

I was thinking the show stopped & you could NOT get past the stop. But, the idea is the same - keep the bad show to see if it prevents it from happening again.

If you have had enough call for a new one. There is no charge for a new one. But, they usually want to send  it to you & you replace it & take the old one to UPS. If you demand a tech visit, they would charge for that.

I was also, thinking you are talking about the DVR itself. If it happens on a non-DVR STB & NOT the DVR itself, it could be a bad COAX connection.

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

10 years ago

i am experiencing this issue as well i had this issue happen twice in a row one night i am trying to fix this issue and i have contacted AT&T and they have before sent me a newer DVR replacement in the mail by UPS and it started to work normally and now the current DVR decided to delete all of the recordings and including partially watched  recorded shows i have two shows that are recorded and they are bad on the hardrive 

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

10 years ago

@Vipermansa wrote:
It happens almost every time we watch a recording on all of our receivers.
We will be in the middle of a show and it just stops as if the show is over....

Really frustrating....
What do we do?

If the DVR functions are still not working, try a Non-Destructive Disaster Recovery.

Unplug the power cord of the DVR from the wall or from the back of the box and wait ten seconds. Plug the DVR back in.

When three white dots appear on the screen, unplug the DVR again. Repeat this process two more times.

Plug the DVR back in on the third time and leave in. Three white dots appear followed by a gear with a status bar at the bottom of the screen.

If the Disaster Recovery screen does not appear, repeat the steps above. If the Disaster Recovery screen appears, wait until completion.

If the Non-Destructive Disaster Recovery does not work, follow the steps for a Force Disaster Recovery

Will not erase recordings, take a long time, can be upto 20-30 mins or so. Good luck 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

10 years ago

ok i will try that thank you 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.