Posted Feb 11, 2013
DVR lost its menu

Any ideas on fixing this problem:

My DVR no longer shows a DVR page on the main menu, and the Recorded TV button does nothing. 

The history:

Today I swapped one device on my RG for another.  In the process, I accidentally disconnected the connection to my DVR.  After noticing it, I reconnected it to the wrong port (Broadband, not network).  Much later, I noticed the box not working and did a few soft resets that gave me: client initialization error.  Then I tried a power cycle with no improvement.  A search on this site pointed me to the bad connection, and I reconnected the DVR to a network port.  This brought back TV, On Demand, and the Program Guide, but the DVR is missing; i.e. not even a menu pane in the main menu.

I tried uverse support and the tech tried a RG reboot, but to no avail.  He gave up and told me to chat back during normal working hours and they'd get a senior tech working on it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Eric

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
2-11-2013 3:59:50 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
emk69 - unplug power on all - RG, DVR, STBs.
Power up RG
When all green power up DVR
When working power up STBs
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

DVR lost its menu

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
Feb 11, 2013
(0)
ACE - Master
emk69 - unplug power on all - RG, DVR, STBs.
Power up RG
When all green power up DVR
When working power up STBs
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: DVR lost its menu

Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 11, 2013
(0)
Tutor
Will power cycling the DVR cause loss of existing recorded programs?

Eric

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 11, 2013
(0)
ACE - Master
emk69 - No, It wil mot cause loss of any recordings

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 11, 2013
(0)
Tutor
Your fix solved the problem. All recordings remain OK.

Thank you,
Eric

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 11, 2013
(0)
ACE - Master
emk69 - Great news - Always good to hear problem solved - thanks for following up.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 12, 2013
(0)
ACE - Expert

emk69, thanks for posting your outcome.  If you ever have any questions, comments, or concerns feel free to post them here in the forum.  There are plenty of people who are ready, willing, and able to offer you help and assistance in the form of information, and suggestions.  Enjoy.