That Don Guy's profile

Guru

• 

622 Messages

Monday, June 4th, 2012 4:13 PM

Component output downscales HD to 480p?

When I watch a recording of an HD program through an HDMI connection, the full HD signal gets through.

However, when I watch it through component output, it is at HD resolution for about 30 seconds, then the screen goes blank, then it reappears at 720x480.

I have had my service since December 2010; is this something (a) that happens to everybody, and (b) if so, is it something that AT&T recently implemented through, say, a software update?

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

12 years ago

Yep, when the HDMI interface goes active on the STB, it controls the resolution setting.  When it goes off, it resets it to SD, regardless of what you may have had it set to before the HDMI interface started.

I have experienced this in my own home when I played with HDMI cables.  I prefer component.  Smiley Happy

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

12 years ago

@JefferMC wrote:

Yep, when the HDMI interface goes active on the STB, it controls the resolution setting.  When it goes off, it resets it to SD, regardless of what you may have had it set to before the HDMI interface started.

I have experienced this in my own home when I played with HDMI cables.  I prefer component.  Smiley Happy

Only if you turn it off when it is using the component output, if he switched back to the HDMI output and turned it off, it would not go back to the 480 resolutioin setting. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.