MC_1's profile

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

Thursday, September 8th, 2011 3:52 PM

Cable card

I just read about Hauppauge WinTV-DCR-2650 and I would like to know if U-Verse gives/sales a cable card.

You can find more info at http://news.cnet.com/8301-13845_3-20102522-58/get-a-dual-tuner-cablecard-adapter-for-$127/?tag=nl.e796

I called technical service and they don't know what I'm talking about. One reason that I pasted the article.

Could someone tell me if they have a card and how to get one?

Or how can you record some programs on computer and not on DVR. I want to save some wood working programs (ch 20) and not have to delete them or watch them in the house and not in my workshop.

Thank you very much for your time. Hope I find an answer before the new season starts.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

12 years ago

What is the make/model of the video connection to the PC that you bought?

What type of connection did you use from the STB to the video input to thePC? If you used composite video (yellow jack) & red/white jacks for sound you may have a bad connection on the sound. Try disconnecting your cables then reconnect - verify you have everything connected correctly and firmly. It is easy to get connections crossed up.

If it is the connections, you would have a problem while watching something live.

It is unlikely it is the DVR process. You can check that by playing another show.

It could be a one time glitch on the episode. Check additional episodes.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

13 years ago

No, U-verse does not work with cable cards.

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

13 years ago

Thanks Texas Guy 37.

Any other way to record a show?

Professor

• 

1.3K Messages

13 years ago

Try using a Happuage HD-PVR. They cost around $250 and connect to the U-Verse STB via component cables.

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

13 years ago

Thank you. Will try that.

Professor

• 

1.3K Messages

13 years ago

@MC_1 wrote:
Thank you. Will try that.

No problem.

Just remember that you will need a STB for the computer.

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

13 years ago

I do have one and is my TV attached to it. Can I use that one?

Professor

• 

1.3K Messages

13 years ago

Yes. But your TV and computer will have to be on the same channel. If you have no problem with that then go for it.

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

13 years ago

What do you mean by the same channel?

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

13 years ago

The channel is selected on the STB and the audio/video for that channel is output to the TV and the slingbox.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.