Bode8692's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, January 18th, 2013 9:50 PM

Bought a VIP2250 and need help with it

I bought a VIP 2250 used off a non ATT website. I got it due to the fact that i was having surround sound troubles with the VIP1250 and heard the 2250 fixes these problems. Do i need to activate the box or something to get it to connect? Please let me know and thanks in advance for the help

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

Use it as a paper weight.  It's no good.  You have to get the boxes thru AT&T and if you get them from anywhere else they are basically stolen property.

You better keep an eye out and keep looking out the window because the Po Po might be rolling up any minute!!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

11 years ago

Use it as a doorstop.

What BeeBee said.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

@Bode8692 wrote:

Ok that wasn't very constructive, thanks for the useless response. 

Anyone else? 

Hey I'm just telling you like it is.  It's worthless.  You lost your money unless there is a return policy where ever you bought it from.  Kind of doubt it though.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Anyone else? 

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

11 years ago

@Bode8692 wrote:

Anyone else? 

Since you didn't like the original answer, here's another one:

There is a serial number on the bottom of the box.  Call CS at 1-800-288-2020 and tell them that you bought box from an unauthorized seller and you would like to get it 'provisioned'.  All boxes are assigned to a specific account and are provisioned to that account.

Please let us know how it goes.

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

Makes. nice door stop, boat anchor, paper weight, wheel chock don't they. Sorry, but you just bought what I mentioned at the beginning.

Guru

• 

428 Messages

11 years ago

You can get that receiver provisioned to your account if it's not tied to another's account. However, you still need to pay the leasing fee of 7$/month.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

11 years ago

There is no $7 fee for the DVR receiver.  It is included in the base package at no additional cost.

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

11 years ago

@bauwls wrote:
You can get that receiver provisioned to your account if it's not tied to another's account. However, you still need to pay the leasing fee of 7$/month.

NO you cannot.  Unless the STB or DVR came from AT&T there is nothing you can do with it except use it as a paperweight.

Guru

• 

428 Messages

11 years ago

Gah all these misconceptions. You have to pay for the DVR on Ufam and U100, and yes you can have it provisioned.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.