texas dave's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, January 4th, 2012 3:24 PM

Blue HD Light

My blue HD light is not on.  Am I recieving HD signal?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

12 years ago

I do have both HDMI and Component cables because the service guy told me that sometimes the Component cable might give me a better HD quality picture in my area. Okay so if yours is on too after this update, than I guess I'm not alone so I feel better. Thanks so much for all your help, texasguy37!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Yes. I have that issue. I'm not sure what causes the blue light to come on, but it is annoyingly bright in the bedroom, so bright that it is difficult ro sleep. I found that you can make it dimmer, about the same brightness as the adjacent green light, by filing the lens (i.e rubbing it with a file). If you are careful, you can avoid rubbing off the labeling that says HD

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

9 years ago

The HD light on each of my TV receivers is covered with eletrical (or similar) tape.

Why it comes on when the STB is in standby is one of life's little mysteries.  When the STB is on, the HD light indicates that either the HDMI connection with the TV has negotiated an HD picture format, or that you have configured the STB to generate a HD format picture.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.