10-22-2012 04:15:08 PM
My wife and I have two Pantech Breeze phones on a National Family Plan (sharing minutes). The contract on one of the phones expires in November. We have the smallest minutes sharing plan available and never come close to using of our available minutes. So when the contract expires, we would like to convert our plan from the National Family Plan to a Prepaid Plan on each phone, keeping both of the phones and the mobile phone numbers we currently have. Can we do this and if so how do we go about doing so?
10-24-2012 08:00:42 PM
You can go to a AT&T Corporate Store when you contract expires, they should be able to take care of it for you, or call AT&T prepay and they can do it for you, or advise you what to do.
10-26-2012 02:21:50 PM
How to Switch from a Postpaid to a Prepaid GoPhone Account
To switch your postpaid account to an AT&T GoPhone prepaid account please contact us at: 611 from your wireless phone or 1-800-331-0500 from a landline phone.
Requirements for Switching from a Postpaid to a Prepaid Account
- Your existing service must be active for at least 30 days.
- If you have a contract, the early termination fee will be assessed.
- Your account cannot be past due.
- Combined Bill accounts cannot be changed from postpaid to prepaid.
- The account cannot be affiliated with a business account.
- You cannot migrate during the two days before, or the four days after your billing cycle. This is the time when your usage is being determined.
- You cannot have a tax-exempt status.
- You must keep the same account name when converting.
- You may keep the same wireless number.
- You will receive a final prorated postpaid bill.
AT&T's return policy has changed effective 10/07/12. You have 14 days to return the device & cxl without a ETF. Policy info HERE.
Where is Justin Timberlake when you need him?. I need him to billed me a bridge to get a cross all these tears from complainers.This post is protected under the laws of the United States & other Countries. Unauthorized duplication, Distribution may result in civil liability & criminal prosecution.The OP gratefully acknowledge the cooperation of: The mods, Fellow forumites, Canada, The United States Of America, Mexico, USVI & Europe. As well as James Bond.When the going gets rough, hide in a pillow fort and pretend you don't exist.