Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
mamie2222's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, March 16th, 2014 11:04 PM

the $100 gophone

Hi  I am looking to buy the $100 gophone to use when I am in the US  can I use my canada Fido plan to add the gophone. Do I need a Data  plan also what is that for. I am just learning about all this. Can I get the $100 dollar on a smartphone that I will purchasing? Any advise will be appreciated.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello @mamie2222 

"Hi  I am looking to buy the $100 gophone to use when I am in the US  can I use my canada Fido plan to add the gophone?"

No, you will have a separate plan with AT&T, you can see Go Phone plans HERE

"Do I need a Data  plan also what is that for? I am just learning about all this"

You don't have to have a data plan, but if you do get it, it'll allow you to access the web, check email, use social media and perform other Online activities away from Wi-Fi hotspots. Since you're visiting, it will also allow you to use your phone for navigation and directions.

"Can I get the $100 dollar on a smartphone that I will purchasing? Any advise will be appreciated."

If the phone is priced at $100, it'll only pay for the phone, you'll need to add some money to buy your plan on top of that, depending on how long you're staying, you might be able to purchase 30 days of service with 500 minutes, unlimited text messaging and 200 MB of data for $40. With any plan that includes unlimited texting, you will have free texting to Canada as well.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.