Posted Feb 5, 2014
Who can help me get out of this deadlock?

I applied for att's gophone service. And I want to transfer my old number.

I received my sim and new cell phone, the user guide told me :1. Activate your sim. 2. Add money to your account. 3. Contact with customer service to finish your porting in.

Then I found myself was stuck in a deadlock. I am using old carrier's service, att's refill card can't work, and adding through text won't work, and adding through internet won't work. If I want to transfer number, I need to add money to my account. If I want to add money, I need to complete activation first.

So, any instrustion, please?

Who can help me get out of this deadlock?

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 6, 2014
(0)
ACE - Professor

earthman wrote:

I applied for att's gophone service. And I want to transfer my old number.

I received my sim and new cell phone, the user guide told me :1. Activate your sim. 2. Add money to your account. 3. Contact with customer service to finish your porting in.

Then I found myself was stuck in a deadlock. I am using old carrier's service, att's refill card can't work, and adding through text won't work, and adding through internet won't work. If I want to transfer number, I need to add money to my account. If I want to add money, I need to complete activation first.

So, any instrustion, please?

I would recommend you send a private message to AT&T Customer Care using the link below.

https://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Who can help me get out of this deadlock?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 6, 2014
(0)
Scholar

You probably will have to go to an AT&T corporate store in person, although I'm not 100% sure. They would be able to port your number over from the old carrier and apply a payment to your account.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 6, 2014
(0)
Community Manager

Yes, they can do that at the corporate store, they might need to give you a new SIM card. This may be the quickest solution, or like MicCheck suggested, you can send us a private message and one of our managers will contact you directly to help.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Community Manager

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution".

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

[ Edited ]