Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
vzw1's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, July 14th, 2011 5:24 PM

Verizon Prepaid Wireless Refund (Alltel merger fallout)

I have a Verizon Prepaid Wireless balance that was supposedly ported over to AT&T as part of the Alltel merger agreement. I did not wish to transition my prepaid service to GoPhone and the AT&T website on the merger said I could request a refund from AT&T after the transition date. I contacted AT&T customer service yesterday and was told they could not assist me and I would need to contact Verizon - Verizon says the account has been terminated and I need to get the refund from AT&T. How do I get this resolved?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

13 years ago

I emailed Verizon and a CSR there was able to help me - they had to have some back and forth with AT&T about how to handle - AT&T actually issued the refund since they now owned the account. Took about two weeks to accomplish this, was impressed by the level of effort from the Verizon CSR to get this resolved.

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

13 years ago

I'd contact at&t customer service again - you may get a different (more helpful) response from another customer service representative. 

Point out to them where on the at&t website it indicates you should contact at&t for the refund.  If they don't provide more useful information then request a supervisor and don't hang up until you've been able to visit with one.  If the answer still is that you need to contact Verizon, I would insist on obtaining the specific contact information at Verizon that you are to visit with - not just a generic "contact Verizon's customer service department" answer.

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

13 years ago

Glad to hear you were able to get it resolved - and kudos to Verizon's customer service! 🙂

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

please don't tell me AT&T is taking over parts of Verizon also

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.