Posted Jul 14, 2011
10:24:49 AM
View profile
Verizon Prepaid Wireless Refund (Alltel merger fallout)

I have a Verizon Prepaid Wireless balance that was supposedly ported over to AT&T as part of the Alltel merger agreement. I did not wish to transition my prepaid service to GoPhone and the AT&T website on the merger said I could request a refund from AT&T after the transition date. I contacted AT&T customer service yesterday and was told they could not assist me and I would need to contact Verizon - Verizon says the account has been terminated and I need to get the refund from AT&T. How do I get this resolved?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Aug 8, 2011 9:12:56 AM
(0)
Tutor

I emailed Verizon and a CSR there was able to help me - they had to have some back and forth with AT&T about how to handle - AT&T actually issued the refund since they now owned the account. Took about two weeks to accomplish this, was impressed by the level of effort from the Verizon CSR to get this resolved.

Accepted Solution

Verizon Prepaid Wireless Refund (Alltel merger fallout)

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 15, 2011 5:14:41 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

I'd contact at&t customer service again - you may get a different (more helpful) response from another customer service representative. 

Point out to them where on the at&t website it indicates you should contact at&t for the refund.  If they don't provide more useful information then request a supervisor and don't hang up until you've been able to visit with one.  If the answer still is that you need to contact Verizon, I would insist on obtaining the specific contact information at Verizon that you are to visit with - not just a generic "contact Verizon's customer service department" answer.

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Verizon Prepaid Wireless Refund (Alltel merger fallout)

2 of 4 (975 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Aug 8, 2011 9:12:56 AM
(0)
Tutor

I emailed Verizon and a CSR there was able to help me - they had to have some back and forth with AT&T about how to handle - AT&T actually issued the refund since they now owned the account. Took about two weeks to accomplish this, was impressed by the level of effort from the Verizon CSR to get this resolved.

3 of 4 (924 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 9, 2011 4:33:01 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Glad to hear you were able to get it resolved - and kudos to Verizon's customer service! :smileyhappy:

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 4 (905 Views)