Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
amheatley's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Saturday, November 5th, 2011 6:52 PM

Rollover minutes on new Gophone plans?

Hi there,

I have had a gophone plan for a few years now, and have been very happy with it.  The main attraction, for me, is the rollover minutes, as there are some months when I hardly use the service.  I received an e-mail last month from AT&T, telling me about the new, cheaper plans.  Do these new plans include rollover minutes?  Presumably not, since the e-mail doesn't mention anything about them.  I went to the At&T website, and can't find anything about it.  Does anyone know the answer?  Thanks.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

12 years ago

Thanks for your advice.  I have decided to stick with Pick your Plan for now, especially with the holidays coming up, and all the travelling I will be doing.  The roaming coverage with PYP is very good, you are right.  Maybe I'll re-think this after the holidays.  Thanks again, all.

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

12 years ago

Which plan are you currently on?

The new $25 250 minute plan with unlimited messaging does not include rollover minutes that were unused. However, remaining account balance will roll over to the next month.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

12 years ago

I am currently on a $29.99 plan for 200 minutes per month, have had it for about 5-6 years now.  I called 611 as I was thinking about the new $25 plan with 250 minutes and unlimited texts.  The woman I spoke to told me that any balance on the new plan would not roll over to the next month, and the AT&T website does not even mention it.  Thanks for any extra info you can provide.

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

12 years ago

Alright. You must be a Pick-Your-Plan prepaid customer, then. I think switching to the new $25 plan would be more cost effective for you, too.

Now, it may be different for pay-by-the-month plans ($25/$50), but any extra money in your account should roll over to the next month. The woman you spoke with may or may not have been correct. I am fairly sure that extra money would carry over.

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

12 years ago

Be careful about converting from a PYP plan to a regular GoPhone plan - the regular GoPhone service generally doe not provide for roaming coverage, while PYP customers traditionally had access to at&t's full network. You may find yourself without network access in areas where you are accustomed to having coverage; and as the PYP plans have been terminated, you likely would not be allowed to return to a PYP plan.

But outside of that, any existing account funds would be carried forward to the next month. You would not receive rollover of the unused allotment from your 250 minutes with the $25/month PayGo plan.

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

12 years ago

You're welcome.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

Man SadI am confused..the new $25 250 mins and unlimited messaging does not include roll over minutes that were unused..and THEN remaining account  balance will roll over to next month???? I thought no roll over??? Please explain..coz I am thinking of getting this plan...thanks

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

12 years ago

Unused voice minutes out of the 250 allotted minutes will not roll over to the next month, depending on if you have all 250 left. Your account balance will, however, which is very nice. So if you had, say, $5.00 in your account left over, it would carry over to the next month.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

Thanks!!! A lot!!! I think I will get this!!!! i do not talk alot on my cellphone!!!!

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

12 years ago

Neither do I. 😛

You're welcome.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.