Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
mariamc711's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Tuesday, August 19th, 2014 10:41 PM

Number Porting Nightmare

I recently ordered a new phone and Go Phone plan from ATT. I have been waiting since last week to have my old Sprint number ported over to this phone. Every time I call Go Phone Customer Service to activate, I get the automated voice prompt to enter my phone number... when I enter it, it says that it can't find my number. So then I call the general customer service number for ATT, who tells me that my number transfer is complete and transfers me right back to the Go Phone Customer Service, which goes straight to the automated voice again. I just want to activate this new phone already, I'm tired of going in circles and getting absolutely nowhere. Can anyone please help me? Has this happened to anybody else? If they can't activate it in the store I'll just choose another prepaid cell phone carrier.

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

10 years ago

@mariamc711 - Oh no! Let's work on bringing the reliable network to your fingertips! This can definitely be done at a corporate store without any issues. You would need the Sprint account number as well as the account pin/password (if any) to initiate the transfer.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

Okay, I'll head over there in the AM and let you know how it goes...thanks

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

No luck.  Thanks for your help anyway. 

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

10 years ago

@mariamc711- What do you see when you turn in the go phone device? Do you get some sort error or text message stating something about the port status? Do you see anything?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

It didn't say anything with the first SIM card they gave me. Everything seemed fine. Then I tried activating it online, but it gave me a brand new telephone number...The second SIM card that I got (after trying to explain this situation to the retail store person) said it was an invalid card. Wow, I thought. The next day I went back to the store and even the nice young man who worked there couldn't even get the problem  through to the reps over the phone. Sorry for rambling, but I've never been through anything like this in my life. LOL It's too late now.

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

10 years ago

@mariamc711 - Say it isn't so! Let's try to get you connected! Now I have few more questions. You said that you tried to port the number from Sprint. Now because the account doesn't have the number you wanted, I just wanted to check, is your Sprint account still active? If it is, it is possible to still get that number ported over! If you disconnected the Sprint account, then the number may not be able to be ported.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I had this same issue with porting Sprint to ATT. My advice: stop calling. go to a corporate retail ATT store. Ask to speak to the manager, and politely make it his/her problem. This is the ONLY solution that worked for me. Good luck!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.