Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
ChampRed's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, July 22nd, 2014 12:07 PM

Invalid SIM

Upon taking the SIM card out of my GoPhone, I tried to place it in another one of my AT&T phones. Sadly, this did not work, and it gave me an invalid SIM error message. I've been told that sometimes, the SIM becomes locked to the first IMEI it encounters, but that shouldn't be the case anymore. I'm told that it especially shouldn't be the case with an Alcatel phone, because its a newer model. If it just so happens to be that my SIM is locked to that phone, I'm going to be more than disappointed, considering my GoPhone quick start, and the cashier at the store, told me that I should be able to throw this SIM card wherever I want it, as long as its in an unlocked, AT&T phone.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

10 years ago

From what I understand, a GoPhone SIM is locked to the phone for a certain period, like 6 months. After that it should be tranferrable. If that is not the case, go to a corporate store and get a new SIM.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

No way I'm paying $270 and waiting half a year to find out that I MIGHT be able to put it into a different phone. I may as well go out and buy an iPhone 5, if its gonna be like that. I guess the cashier at the store kind of lied to my face and got $45 out of me that I never would have spent otherwise. 

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hi ChampRed,

If you need a new SIM card, you can just stop by a Corporate AT&T store and get one for free.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I have been having this Invalid Sim issue for awhile now. Is there a problem with A, T & T? Why is this happening? Calls are freezing, texts aren't being delivered or received. Can anyone help? I have called Customer Service, I did a hard reboot, I went to the corporate store and loaded a new SIM. Nothing has changed.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.