Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
angelleah1981's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, December 17th, 2013 7:57 PM

I can't access my voicemail. PLEASE help.

My husband bought me a prepaid go phone card a few months ago. I think he set the voicemail up. I was without the phone for a month and a half. Now I have it on again. I couldn't remember if the voicemail had been set up or not but he always uses the same 4 numbers so I knew what it was if it WAS set up. I have a voicemail, I called and put the number in and it says its incorrect and will not let me go any further. The AT&T phone number says it can't find my phone number and so it wont even let me talk to someone. It tells me to go to a store. I'm disabled and I think thats ridiculous anyways. So, I call the local store. He didn't know what to do either. He told me to turn my phone on and off, try pushing *-#, and said the voicemail might be down and he had no further info. Ugh. I restart phone, and I call and hit *-# and it asked for my mail number and when i put the number in or NOT it says to try again later.  PLEASE help.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

10 years ago

Try looking here, especially under 'Reset your voicemail password.'

http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB92829&cv=821#fbid=xoR3wTS1mLY

It's strange that the system could not detect your phone number... Are you sure that your phone is still active? You can do this by dialing *777# or by logging into your Pay As Yo Go online account here:

https://www.paygonline.com/websc/index.jsp

Mentor

• 

25 Messages

10 years ago

have you tried calling 611? cause you mentioned you changed your device it must be a voicemail deposit box issue which need to be updated since you changed your phone and probably also your sim, getting a customer service rep would help here, they can reset you voimail password to default which would be mobile number minus the area code

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

This doesnt work for me. I call 611. It tells me to punch in a number for the help i need, but my phone doesnt recognize when i punch in a number. So then it says "sorry, i didnt get that, please try again" and so i can never check ,y voice,ails and therefore i cant see if i get a job call or not. I am about to lose it i am so heated from this. Someone please help

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

10 years ago

@ZugelBoy, when you dialed 611, did you say "more options" when the automated voice response lady told you that you had arrived at the main menu? Say "more options", then "change my voicemail password." You should then be transferred to a customer service rep. who should be able to help you reset your voicemail password so that you can actually access them. Hope this helps!
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.