Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
COMMID333's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, July 13th, 2014 8:55 PM

Gophone plan and device change; possible?

Currently I have a basic phone and 10 cents per minute plan.  I want to switch to the Gophone $25 monthly 1.5G data only plan to use with the Mifi Liberate hotspot that I bought recently.  I want to move the phone number to the new device in order to keep my current account credit.  It also looks like I'll need to get a new SIM for the hotspot as I can't seem to be able to take the phone apart to remove the current SIM.  Can I make this kind of switch with Gophone?  Can I do this in a store or do I have to do it online or by phone?  Ultimately I want to go to a postpaid data plan, but I want to trial it first using my current Gophone status to make sure I can get service in the locations I need to have it before commiting to postpaid.  Thus, there is the possibility that I'll find out AT&T can't provide service where I need it and may want to switch back to my basic phone, keeping the same number.  If that's the case will I be able to revert back? 

Scholar

• 

110 Messages

10 years ago

You can only do it at an att corporate store or call 18009019878 press 5 to connect to lost phone dept(easiest way to customer service). They will change your phone plan to the mifi plan. They can also transfer your number together w plan to another sim card
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.