Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
jamileh's profile
Former Community Manager

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

Monday, March 4th, 2013 8:58 PM

GoPhone service on iPhone or other 4G devices

Good news! You can now use GoPhone service on your iPhone and other 4G devices!

We know you want prepaid options for the latest devices. That's why you can activate GoPhone prepaid service as long as your iPhone or other 4G device isn't under contract. You can purchase a new iPhone or other 4G device with our no-commitment pricing option.

With GoPhone for your iPhone or other 4G device, you can use the following services:

• Wi-Fi data only (including AT&T Wi-Fi hotspots)
  • Voice
  • Text Messaging
  • Picture & Video Messaging on iOS5.x and prior versions
  • Voicemail
--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

11 years ago

So , this only for postpaid customers? Can you be prepaid and purchase and iPhone and get service?

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

11 years ago

No, iPhones are available to use with prepaid GoPhone service as well. This thread is to let people know that it's available. You can use an iPhone on a prepaid plan.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

11 years ago

Smiley Very Happycool! thx

Voyager

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I visited an AT&T store this morning. The rep gave me a SIM card and told me I needed to call customer service to set up my iPhone 4 on a prepaid plan.

So I called customer service and they said it can't be done. I referenced the web page listed in the first reply and she couldn't find it. She said these forums aren't monitored by AT&T so it was probably was a fake.

Has anyone successfully with AT&T's blessing put their iPhone on a prepaid plan?

Thanks for any help.

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

11 years ago

@sullystuff wrote:

I visited an AT&T store this morning. The rep gave me a SIM card and told me I needed to call customer service to set up my iPhone 4 on a prepaid plan.

So I called customer service and they said it can't be done. I referenced the web page listed in the first reply and she couldn't find it. She said these forums aren't monitored by AT&T so it was probably was a fake.

Has anyone successfully with AT&T's blessing put their iPhone on a prepaid plan?

Thanks for any help.

If you remember the rep's name and the store location, please forward that to @ATTHelpForums.  AT&T reps should not call forum posts fake, especially one started by an AT&T employee.  It's one thing to not know something; the rep should find out more information.  It's another thing to accuse other people of dishonesty to mask his own ignorance.

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

11 years ago

I've been using an iPhone 4 on my prepaid GoPhone plan for almost 9 months, now. I did not activate my SIM card with the iPhone. Instead, I activated the SIM in a different phone that was "approved", and later cut it down and switched it. Keep in mind, SIM cards are locked to the original device it was activated to for a period of up to six months. I've been using my current SIM card for almost 3.5 years. I've used this SIM in 5 different phones in that time span. I would strongly recommend doing this. I have never tried to activate an iPhone's IMEI number with a fresh SIM card.

Scholar

• 

100 Messages

11 years ago

Do you have cellular data?

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

11 years ago

@Osttiroler wrote:

Do you have cellular data?

Nope! I don't need and/or want a data plan, which is why I went the prepaid route. 

Scholar

• 

100 Messages

11 years ago

@Wild Banchi wrote:

Nope! I don't need and/or want a data plan, which is why I went the prepaid route. 

My question is: Is it really true that AT&T data service shuts off just when they realize from the traffic it is an Iphone.

Can someone give me an answer.

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

11 years ago

@Osttiroler wrote:

@Wild Banchi wrote:

My question is: Is it really true that AT&T data service shuts off just when they realize from the traffic it is an Iphone.

Can someone give me an answer.

You are asking how to get around a carrier's rules on the carrier's forum.  This is not the best place to ask a question like that.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.