Posted Oct 15, 2012
6:59:10 AM
View profile
GoPhone SIM Card Question

I am currently a GoPhone customer and was wondering if I bought a contract android phone off of the internet that is an AT&T phone, would I be able to swap my current SIM card in my GoPhone android to the new android or will that not work?

If this is possible, would I still be able to keep my same rate plan and data plan?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Oct 15, 2012 8:37:03 AM
(0)
Expert
yes the phone can be used, yes you can use voice and sms, unfortunately data will not work unless you have the $65 prepaid plan.

Knight Rider Rules.gif

AT&T's return policy has changed effective 10/07/12.  You have 14 days to return the device & cxl without a ETF.  Policy info HERE.

Where is Justin Timberlake when you need him?. I need him to billed me a bridge to get a cross all these tears from complainers.This post is protected under the laws of the United States & other Countries. Unauthorized duplication, Distribution may result in civil liability & criminal prosecution.The OP gratefully acknowledge the cooperation of: The mods, Fellow forumites, Canada, The United States Of America, Mexico, USVI & Europe. As well as James Bond.

When the going gets rough, hide in a pillow fort and pretend you don't exist.
Accepted Solution

GoPhone SIM Card Question

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Oct 15, 2012 8:37:03 AM
(0)
Expert
yes the phone can be used, yes you can use voice and sms, unfortunately data will not work unless you have the $65 prepaid plan.

Knight Rider Rules.gif

AT&T's return policy has changed effective 10/07/12.  You have 14 days to return the device & cxl without a ETF.  Policy info HERE.

Where is Justin Timberlake when you need him?. I need him to billed me a bridge to get a cross all these tears from complainers.This post is protected under the laws of the United States & other Countries. Unauthorized duplication, Distribution may result in civil liability & criminal prosecution.The OP gratefully acknowledge the cooperation of: The mods, Fellow forumites, Canada, The United States Of America, Mexico, USVI & Europe. As well as James Bond.

When the going gets rough, hide in a pillow fort and pretend you don't exist.

Re: GoPhone SIM Card Question

2 of 3 (4,497 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 15, 2012 8:41:37 AM
(0)
Contributor

Oh... :smileysad:

Thanks for the response and your help!

Re: GoPhone SIM Card Question