Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
kotakedown85's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, January 2nd, 2014 4:00 PM

Charge date keeps changing

I'm more than a little upset right now. I started my Go Phone account on the 15th specifically cause I needed it be in the middle of the month. AT&T has slowly moved that date every month until this month I'm actually paying again, for a second time, within the month of January. What is this!? Has anyone else encountered this?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Guru

• 

450 Messages

10 years ago

Hi kotakedown85,

GoPhone plans renew every 30 days. So in months with 31 days the date would shift by a day. This is why your date has moved a little bit.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Guru

• 

450 Messages

10 years ago

Hi kotakedown85,

I apologize that you were misinformed when you established service. If you set up service in a Company Retail Store, or Local Dealer store you should have received what is called a Customer Service Summary that reviews your plan, refill options and frequency of refills. You can get a copy of this by visiting any company retail store. If you established service over the phone, it should have been emailed to the email address on your account.

GoPhone Terms and Conditions can be found Here

Additonal Information on the GoPhone user guide can be found Here

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

That would explain it away if that's what I had signed up for.

The language that was used when I joined and is still being used by your employer on the GoPhone landing page clearly states their plans are for a specified sum per month. At the following link, http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/plans/prepaidplans.html , each plan option is referred to as a monthly plan. Nowhere does it clearly state that these plans are not, in fact, monthly, but are for 30 days.

Since you've been kind enough to point out that some months have 31 days in them, you'll understand that not only calling my plan the "$60 Smartphone Monthly Unlimited Plan" is misleading and simply not true, but that your employer is engaging in bad business practices in order to recieve an extra 5 days of revenue per year. 

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

10 years ago

I always wondered about that myself. When I first signed up I was under the impression that if I added money on the 15th like you did, for example, that I would have to renew my plan by the 15th. This would be equal to 30 days in my point of view - not the 14th or even 13th in some cases.

Scholar

• 

110 Messages

10 years ago

30 days is considered 1 month, so at&t has the right to tag it as a monthly plan. In order for you not to be confused, you can always check your rate plan expiration date by dialing 611 in your handset and say acct balance or press 4. Or you can always enroll in auto-refill,so that it would automatically add money to your acct 1 day before the plan expires.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.