Posted Dec 23, 2011
2:41:37 PM
View profile
Activating a SHG-A107 SIM with ANY phone, Possible??

Hi all,

I went to Best Buy and purchased a Samsung A-107 GoPhone and the SIM Card (that came with it) is Unactivated and I was wondering if I could activate it with my HP Veer 4G that's unlocked...? Will it still be SIM Locked for 6 months?

I just want the 10 cent a minute plan. No data or texting.

Thank you and Happy Holidays!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Dec 23, 2011 9:08:17 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Yep, you could activate the new SIM to your Veer. That would work. And yes, the SIM would still be locked to the original activated phone for a time period of up to six months.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

Activating a SHG-A107 SIM with ANY phone, Possible??

8 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(8)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Dec 23, 2011 9:08:17 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Yep, you could activate the new SIM to your Veer. That would work. And yes, the SIM would still be locked to the original activated phone for a time period of up to six months.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Activating a SHG-A107 SIM with ANY phone, Possible??

2 of 9 (960 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 25, 2011 7:13:27 AM
(0)
Contributor

responding to :the 10c plan..PLEASE dont...i topped up with$15 and a friend clled in and by the time we were done my money was gone!!! plus i didnt even make the call!

the best buy attendantds are ill-informed about this package and constantly misinform the cusomers....seeing that i got exactly the same phone....and havE MAJOR ISSUES.

3 of 9 (947 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 25, 2011 9:33:44 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
The $0.10 a minute rate plan works exceptionally well for me. I've had my GoPhone account with that plan ($0.25 per minute about a year ago, when the $0.10/minute plan was not introduced yet) for approximately two years, now, considering I started my service on 12/25/2009.

4 of 9 (939 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 25, 2011 10:32:05 AM
(0)
Teacher
What about an iPhone 3GS? Thank you for the info about the Veer, it was very helpful. Happy Holidays everyone!

5 of 9 (935 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 25, 2011 3:38:43 PM
(0)
Teacher
I'm actually on the $25 a month plan, but this was for my mom who only uses it to occasionally call or text. She can make $25 last like 2 months.

6 of 9 (923 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 25, 2011 6:16:27 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
You're welcome.

You could also activate a prepaid SIM to an iPhone 3GS, yes -- you think I'm using a post paid 3GS?! :smileyvery-happy: :smileywink:

I did not activate my SIM to my iPhone, so I'm not sure about the process for activating iPhones. I think it's a little more challenging than activating a regular phone because iPhones are not officially authorized for prepaid use, but people are still allowed to use them.

7 of 9 (918 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 3, 2012 3:22:58 PM
(0)
Teacher

Okay, I think since my mom was already using her Unlocked Veer on T-Mobile Prepaid she was used to it already and was leaning towards that phone anyway.

Thanks for all the help!

8 of 9 (866 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 3, 2012 3:41:35 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
You are welcome!

9 of 9 (864 Views)