Posted May 31, 2011
1:32:50 PM
why is one phone on my family plan eligible for an upgrade discount but the other is not?

I have a family plan with 2 phones on the plan.  We want to upgrade our phone ( obviously with the discount)  My phone is due 6/3 but my husbans isn't up until Septmember.  Has this happened to anyone? 

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
May 31, 2011 1:42:33 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

If you had upgraded at the same time last time, Upgrades are dependent on how much is spent on each line. The primary line has the majority of the cost associated to that line. Depending on the amount associated to the primary line, the upgrade could be as soon as 12 to 18 months. On the secondary line, the upgrade will be at 20 months, a 2 to 8 month difference.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

why is one phone on my family plan eligible for an upgrade discount but the other is not?

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
May 31, 2011 1:42:33 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

If you had upgraded at the same time last time, Upgrades are dependent on how much is spent on each line. The primary line has the majority of the cost associated to that line. Depending on the amount associated to the primary line, the upgrade could be as soon as 12 to 18 months. On the secondary line, the upgrade will be at 20 months, a 2 to 8 month difference.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: why is one phone on my family plan eligible for an upgrade discount but the other is not?

Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 31, 2011 1:50:57 PM
(0)
Tutor

oh... Thats stupid :smileymad: lol...Thanks For the answer though... 

Re: why is one phone on my family plan eligible for an upgrade discount but the other is not?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 31, 2011 1:55:32 PM
(0)
Employee

Would it be better if everyone had to wait 24 months?

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 31, 2011 2:30:25 PM
(0)
Tutor

It would be better if that was explained when we upgraded to begin with.  I'm not saying that at the time we last upgraded that would have made a difference but it's still nice to know.  I shouldn't have to search to find that infromation it should be on the upgrade page. 

For us it might as well be 24 months I'm not going to upgrade until my husband does it's not fair of me to have a new phone and he is stuck with his old one because of some silly technicality. Especialy when we were going to make such a big change going from nonsmart phones without a data plan  to smartphones with 2GB each.  

(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 31, 2011 4:17:57 PM
(0)
Employee
its in those documents you signed when you started service.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.