Posted Sep 12, 2013
iPhone to Android ?

Hey guys, so basically thinking about moving from Apple to Android, has anyone done it ? Did you like it ? Did you come back ?

Basically im thinking about switching to a Note 3

iPhone to Android ?

8 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(8)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 12, 2013
(0)

rgctx wrote:

Hey guys, so basically thinking about moving from Apple to Android, has anyone done it ? Did you like it ? Did you come back ?

Basically im thinking about switching to a Note 3

I know some people who have done it. Most of them did not come back. None of them were/are thrilled about not getting prompt software updates (nobody I know went from an iPhone to a Nexus phone and that's the only way to keep getting updates promptly). But it's a very subjective thing, it's hard to predict how you will feel abouit it based on how others did.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: iPhone to Android ?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 12, 2013
(0)

I agree with dmapr in that someone else's experience may not be your experience.  It would be more helpful if you said what your usage habits are, what you do and don't like about the iPhone and what attracts you to the Note 3.

Personally, I didn't last two months with an iPhone before I searched for an alternative.  I primarily use Android (I use multiple devices), but am not closed to the idea of returning to an iPhone (6 or later). 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 16, 2013
(0)
Currently, I have an HTC One. I absolutely love it!

But my reasons on switching back to Apple is because I'm actually a pretty simple guy that loves to get what I pay for. My HTC One is the 64GB model; approximately 10Gb or more was already used up for stuff that I can't delete (Preloaded Apps, Songs, AT&T stuff)

Compared to my iPhone, I just had the simple tools and Applications -- instead of the Preloaded AT&T Apps that I can't get rid of
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 16, 2013
(0)

Bottom line -- I'm going back to Apple at the end of October , just to get away from the Crowded Application screen on my Android with the Preloaded Applications.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 20, 2013
(0)

If you just want the apps off of your screen, go to Settings>Applications>Manage Applications and disable the apps that you don't want to appear in your app drawer.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 20, 2013
(0)

Myself and the wife moved over to the "darkside" recently after being iPhone users for the last 4 years. We both purchased Samsung Galaxy S4 phones and are relatively happy with them. She likes the bigger screens and I also like the fact that I can tweek LOL.

Funny thing is that the wife now wants the Note 3 which will be coming out soon.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 11, 2013
(0)
I switched from the iPhone to android and have never looked back.I own the note 3 and have owned the original and note 2. Large screen and customization rule the day. My wife is still an apple user and apple has a polished sysyem but when I see the screen size of her iPhone 5 it confirms I made the right decision .

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 13, 2013
(0)

I've done both and talked to people who've had both, and I have to say that although individual experiences may differ, generally it just comes down to an attitude difference.

Apple/Iphone takes a lot longer test out their various features/hardware, they spend more money more time. When it comes out it's usually smoother. Same things for their apps, there's a lot of rigorous requires/qualification processes devopers usually have to go through, so their cost of business goes up. They work hard to not overwhelm customers in different customization, but not be lacking either.

Google/Android, doesn't do a bad job of testing, they just . . . don't do nearly as much. More occasional hiccups. They also figure more is better, more options, more customization. At the end of the day, the more time you spend learning/figuring out your phone, the better experience you'll have. If you got adept enough, you could code your own programs/hacks for the phone. In fact many people have and put up their code for free or inexpensive. Of course since it's not professionals, it's more prone to bugs/gltiches. Same thing for hardware, less money on all that refining apple does, means they can spend more money on getting new and faster/bigger equipment. Bigger screens, faster processors, newer tech (like the touch sharing).

Ultimately, if you are comfortable with tech, are inclined to computers systems in general, have time to spend learning/getting used to it, and don't mind the slight increase in glitches, then the Android phone is for you.

If you want a powerful phone, but like it not to be over the top, Iphone is a decent compromise.

If you really went a getup-and-go phone, look at the Windows phones, I'd probably say they're the most user friendly. Maybe not quite as many features, but definetly easy to use.

-Alex

[ Edited ]