Trade In and Get Rewarded!
koconnell27's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Monday, December 8th, 2014 11:00 PM

Phone Upgrade DISASTER

I've been a ATT customer for over 10 years with the unlimited everything plan. I got my first blackberry from them and my second blackberry after that. So a few years ago I got my first iPhone the 4s. So it s around October 17, 2014 and my iPhone 4s which is now 3 or 4 years old is running slow so I decide to upgrade to iPhone 6. I got to store and was told the iPhone was on back order and did I want to try another phone as I could always exchange. Ok I'll try what the salesman said was a amazing phone the note 4 keeping my unlimited everything plan.

Took it home and hated the size so 2 days later took it back to order iphone 6. I explained the note 4 was too big for my pockets and my hand and I wanted to order iphone 6. He said ok but that maybe I should try a smaller Samsung if size was the issue and showed me the Samsung alpha which was smaller and said that I could exchange if I didn't like it. At this point I said ok bc I wanted to give the Samsung a fair shot and took it home and ultimately hated it. Within my 14 day buyers remorse period I went to store and was told the manager wouldn't take the phone back for an exchange!

So now I'm obviously a UNHAPPY a customer I call ATT directly and get a CSR on the phone and explain my situation. Then CSR says there is nothing she can do but maybe the store manager where I got the phone would take it back and exchange it. So thinking the day I was there it was just busy or a mix up, I call the store to speak to the manager to explain this mess and how I was told I could EXCHANGE the phone minus a restocking fee within the 14 day return period and was told the manager wasn't in but would be in tomorrow and when I said who can speak to to exchange my phone she said only the manager and he doesn't take phones back! What !?!?

I call ATT again and there is nothing they can or are willing to do! So here I am, a true Apple user stuck in a 2 year contract with a android phone I can't stand bc the sales guy LIED to me, ATT corporate does nothing and I'm stuck bc I a want to keep my unlimited data plan. So this is what I get for being a loyal customer?

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

9 years ago

Hello koconnell27,

Thank you for posting! I'm sorry you're having some issues with your upgrade and exchanges. I see that you have already sent us a private message, thank you for that, and the one of our managers is working on your case. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

So I finally spoke with a very nice, professional manager at ATT and I appreciate him taking the time to explain my options to me, all of which do not rectify my upgrade problem bc although I did everything I was supposed to do, I'm outside of my 14 day return period by 40 days bc everyone I spoke to before couldn't do anything for me until it was too late. ATT treats new customers great but if you've been with them for 10 years or more it seems they could care less about you or what thier sales associates do. ATT has certainly changed and not for the better. Shop elsewhere
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.