Posted Jan 1, 2014
10:42:18 AM
Paying off a phone on NEXT

I plan on paying off my phone that is on the NEXT program in a few weeks. Is their a grace period before I can get another phone using NEXT on my line?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
Jan 1, 2014 4:12:52 PM
(0)
Employee

If you accelreate payments on the AT&T Next plan, pay off the device and it is posted to your account, you are able to start another Next agreement, go on a two year contract, or buy a device at full retail. There could be a few days of delay before the system sees you as being eligable for a new Next program. 

The Next Plan does not lock you into a contract with AT&T and once the device is fully paid for, you own the device and would no longer be tied to the program making you eligable to upgrade or buy a new phone. 

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Accepted Solution

Paying off a phone on NEXT

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 1, 2014 1:34:37 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Do you mean can you upgrade after paying off the device? I think you would still have to wait the 12 month period unless you already already met that requirement. As soon as you pay the phone (and posts to your account) and have more than 12 months, then yes you would be able to upgrade.

Payments usually post quickly when you pay with a credit/debit card on myAT&T. So you shouldn't have a problem. :smileyhappy:

~Sunshine :smileyhappy:
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Paying off a phone on NEXT

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
Jan 1, 2014 4:12:52 PM
(0)
Employee

If you accelreate payments on the AT&T Next plan, pay off the device and it is posted to your account, you are able to start another Next agreement, go on a two year contract, or buy a device at full retail. There could be a few days of delay before the system sees you as being eligable for a new Next program. 

The Next Plan does not lock you into a contract with AT&T and once the device is fully paid for, you own the device and would no longer be tied to the program making you eligable to upgrade or buy a new phone. 

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Paying off a phone on NEXT

Solution