Trade In and Get Rewarded!
frostyman's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Tuesday, July 31st, 2012 11:46 AM

Is a phone upgrade to an iphone the same as any other phone?

When I checked my upgrade eligibility, it said that i could get a full discounted price for an iphone four months before my contract runs out. I was wondering if I could get the full discounted price on any smartphone like the samsung galaxy s3. Or is this upgrade four months before my contract runs out only available for the iphone?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

7.1K Messages

12 years ago

@frostyman wrote:

So the full discounted price will be for any smartphone, not just the iPhone?

When or if you are currently eligible, it should apply to all phones not just smart phones.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

12 years ago

@kkenn79 wrote:

I was told a month ago that I was eligible for an upgrade on 8/1, however when I dialed 611, and had the text sent for my eligibility date, it said I may be eligible for a full discount on iphone 4 on 8/10.  When I went to a retail store yesterday, I was told I was eligible for upgrade, but there were no full discounts on anything.  I was only able to get the normal 2 yr commitment price on any phone, as marked.  Do I still wait for the 10th, or what should I do?  When I go to check upgrade options online, it says there is an unidentified problem, and I can only select to go back to my account, so I don't know what may be differently available online.  Help!

confused - the discount you get is the 2 year commitment price, samw as a new customer, there are no other discounts. If you upgrade before you are eligible you pay full retail price for the device.

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

12 years ago

@frostyman wrote:

When I checked my upgrade eligibility, it said that i could get a full discounted price for an iphone four months before my contract runs out. I was wondering if I could get the full discounted price on any smartphone like the samsung galaxy s3. Or is this upgrade four months before my contract runs out only available for the iphone?

Not sure if it is Iphone only, one thing you may have missed - there is a 250.00 (Ithink that is the new price) early upgrade charged added to the discounted price of the phone, this is over and above the 36.00 activation fee.

Master

• 

7.1K Messages

12 years ago

It says you. An an iPhone at the fully discounted price. If you were subject to the early upgrade price, it would be phrased differently. As for having the discount available for a different phone, click throgh the stir link and it will show you your prices and options.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

12 years ago

it says: As a valued AT&T customer, you're eligible for a discounted iPhone upgrade at a reduced discount, along with a 2-year service commitment. You may qualify for a full discount on an iPhone upgrade on 8/23/2012.

Master

• 

7.1K Messages

12 years ago

Wait until 8/23 to get your best discount on any phone.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

12 years ago

So the full discounted price will be for any smartphone, not just the iPhone?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

I was told a month ago that I was eligible for an upgrade on 8/1, however when I dialed 611, and had the text sent for my eligibility date, it said I may be eligible for a full discount on iphone 4 on 8/10.  When I went to a retail store yesterday, I was told I was eligible for upgrade, but there were no full discounts on anything.  I was only able to get the normal 2 yr commitment price on any phone, as marked.  Do I still wait for the 10th, or what should I do?  When I go to check upgrade options online, it says there is an unidentified problem, and I can only select to go back to my account, so I don't know what may be differently available online.  Help!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

Ok, got it. Thanks!
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.