For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
A

• 

25.7K Messages

Sunday, April 22nd, 2012 5:06 PM

verizon wireless home phone connect

any chance of at&t wireless getting a home phone connect type of device? i would so throw my clunky broken verizibork landlines in the trash if at&t would make such a device.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Tutor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

AT&T recently launched just such a product in the NorthEast...check it out. https://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB413140#fbid=lEOLL4Fcv_K

You can add the device to your family plan for $9.99 or, the real deal, have UNLIMITED calling domestically for $19.99/month. The opportunity is awesome and the savings is fantastic.

If you are outside the Northeast, stay tuned for National Launch Dates.

Master

• 

7.1K Messages

12 years ago

I think you are referring to something they had when AT&T was Cingular? If so, I have I have not heard of anything like that in recent years.

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

12 years ago

@DemonfangArun wrote:

any chance of at&t wireless getting a home phone connect type of device? i would so throw my clunky broken verizibork landlines in the trash if at&t would make such a device.

I use a device that uses bluetooth to connect to a cell phone, and that device can be plugged into your home phone lines and power your home phones. It is an XLink BT. You have to disconnect your home phone lines from the incoming phone lines at the box where your phone lines come into the house.

If you have a good cell signal, it works great. And the best thing is the line is only 9.99/month on the family plan.

• 

25.7K Messages

12 years ago

@kdfederer wrote:

@DemonfangArun wrote:

I use a device that uses bluetooth to connect to a cell phone, and that device can be plugged into your home phone lines and power your home phones. It is an XLink BT. You have to disconnect your home phone lines from the incoming phone lines at the box where your phone lines come into the house.

If you have a good cell signal, it works great. And the best thing is the line is only 9.99/month on the family plan.

looks interesting, but not exactly what i'm looking for. also, i've never had much luck with bluetooth devices.

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

12 years ago

This one works fine as I leave the cell phone close to the device. I got rid of Verizon land line over 2 years ago and have not looked back.

• 

25.7K Messages

12 years ago

thanks 🙂

will be getting one immedately, as i live in the northeast. now to dump my one landline which verizon just screwed up the bill for for the last time.

long story short: i ordered internet to figure out which of the 2 lines i have is better. then changed a couple calling features, and verizon hit me with a $160 bill >.>

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

AT&T sure does have a wireless home phone system and it is total crap. I got it on the 10th of November and it has been a total nightmare. I am on my 6th box since November 10th my third in three week. My husband is terminally ill and my home phone was out for 8 days! They did nothing to help me. I just go the phone working again on June 22nd and it went out again today! These Devices are defective and no one cares. I was on the phone with them for an hour again today in tears and all they kept telling me was that I need to return the defective device within ten days or I would be charged $160.00! There is zero customer service with this company just jacking up your bill. I have been a costumer with them since 1999 and it counts for nothing. I'm leaving and going to Verizion.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Re Number of rings:

How can I increase the number of rings on my wireless from 4 to 6 or 8? I'm old and don't move as fast as I'd like to. Four rings is too short

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.