For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
angel_mizzbhavn27's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, September 21st, 2008 8:41 PM

Closed

opera mini 4 on w580i

ok i have a w580i pink..and my friend has the same phone. Does anyone use opera mini 4 on there phone? And if so are you able to upload your pics from there? My friend has centinneal wireless..she is able to upload her pics like say to myspace and everyime i try to do it it says to change permissions when i try to do that it says no permissions granted..does anyone know what this means? And is anyone else using att able to upload your pics in opera mini 4?

Jenn

Accepted Solution

Guru

• 

1.3K Messages

16 years ago

I dont recall what version of opera Mini I ran but it ran fine on my phone till I updated the firmware and lost it havent had the chance to redownload it as I dont keep unlimited internet on my phone.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

16 years ago

No its not solved. I acc hit that button! How do u take it off?

Scholar

• 

289 Messages

16 years ago

You are fortunate to have a working phone that does what you want, right?  The one on Centennial.  So what is the difference?

I think there are two likely possibilities.  One easy and one not so easy.

The first is version of Opera mini.  I think you want a signed version.  Check both phones and conform yours to the one that works.

The second is firmware itself.  Just guessing that Centennial is using generic firmware.   You know AT&T firmware has various characteristics, some of which we (users) consider undesirable.  If you have the right version of Opera Mini, you may need to de-brand in order to do what you want.   It is free and fairly easy to do, but consider carefully before doing.  There is a thread all about debranding right here in this forum so go read that.

ACE - Expert

• 

6.6K Messages

16 years ago

angel_mizzbhavn27 wrote: No its not solved. I acc hit that button! How do u take it off?
From the announcement:

If, in the future, you see a better solution, you can also revoke the first solution by clicking to the upper-right of the Solution post and choosing Options --> Unmark as Accepted Solution. You may then choose another post as the solution. If you solve your own question, you may also mark your own post as the solution if you have solved the problem yourself.

Guru

• 

1.3K Messages

16 years ago

I did forget to mention the fact my phone is debranded (should put that in my sig) but i had no problems with opera mini i remember just going to m.opera.com on my cell and clicked on the download link.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.