Troubleshoot your device issues
susieb63's profile

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

Friday, February 25th, 2011 8:33 PM

onscreen icons LG Prime

Is there anywhere to get a list of what all the onscreen icons mean?

Like I always have an envelope/mail icon at the top right but I have no new text or email messages. What does it mean?

Thanks.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

13 years ago

Go ahead and take a look at this. Maybe this icon list could help?

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

13 years ago

Thank you. This helps. But I still have the envelope showing up when there is no new mail or text message.

Any ideas?

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

13 years ago

@susieb63 wrote:

Thank you. This helps. But I still have the envelope showing up when there is no new mail or text message.

Any ideas?

I've had this happen to me before with my old LG Neon. It's what appears to be a "ghost message", right? Meaning you have checked through your messaging/e-mail inbox/outbox/drafts, and there still is no message. That's what happened to me - when I really had one new message, for example, it showed two. When I had zero, the phone somehow still showed one.

Eventually after a few days, the "ghost" message just went away by itself. Maybe that will do it. You could also try deleting your inbox/outbox/drafts folder, if you already haven't. A simple power off then on might work, too. That also could help. But just waiting it out, it should just disappear on it's own.

I hope this helps somewhat.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

13 years ago

Thanks. It also alerts me when I have a new text message and says I have "3" new messages when I only have one.

Oh, well.

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

13 years ago

@susieb63 wrote:

Thanks. It also alerts me when I have a new text message and says I have "3" new messages when I only have one.

Oh, well.

Yes. Two out of my three AT&T phones have had the "ghost message" issue. With my LG Neon, I waited for a few days, and the extra message eventually just disappeared and returned to normal. With my Samsung Mythic, all I had to do was turn the phone off and then back on, and the "ghost" message would also disappear.

I would just wait it out. It should just go away on its own.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

13 years ago

Hello, I have an LG Prime and I can't get rid of the on-screen icon that looks like a horse shoe with an arrow point right, it sits next to the the globe icon when using internet. Anyone help.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.