For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
mboz24's profile

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

Monday, January 19th, 2009 7:03 PM

Closed

Which touch phone? Iphone, Incite or Eternity?

I can upgrade my phone and was looking at getting a touch screen phone.I need your help for people that have used these phones and are not trying to "sell" a phone. I know about the ihpone but what about the lg incite or the samsung eternity? I am a business man who texts and emails a lot and uses it for appointments. I am not much into music or games on my phone. Thanks for any help.

Accepted Solution

Scholar

• 

143 Messages

15 years ago

If email and PIM features are the most important functions of a phone for you then the Incite is the best option out of that bunch.  I have owned several Windows Mobile phones, the 3G iPhone and now the Eternity.  My Eternity is only for personal use and the PIM functions are pretty basic but enough for my needs.  I have a Blackberry for work. The Eternity also doesn't have push email and only supports preset email services (i.e. hotmail, yahoo, comcast, etc...).

Windows Mobile or Blackberry OS are the most fully featured PDA type phones on AT&T.  Palm phones are great for this as well but are a bit behind in technology.  I'd also suggest looking at the Fuze if you can deal with it's thickness.  The iPhone is great if you don't need advanced SMS or Bluetooth features.  I also don't think the iPhone can compare to WM or BB when it comes to the PIM functions.

Message Edited by Naplesbill on 01-19-2009 04:06:56 PM

Master

• 

4.2K Messages

15 years ago

I can't wait to see the New Palm OS when it becomes available. It is going to be great! It has so many interesting features to it. Have you seen the Palm Pre? It will start with Sprint exclusevly for the first three months I think. But I hope more phones have this new software
@Naplesbill wrote:

If email and PIM features are the most important functions of a phone for you then the Incite is the best option out of that bunch.  I have owned several Windows Mobile phones, the 3G iPhone and now the Eternity.  My Eternity is only for personal use and the PIM functions are pretty basic but enough for my needs.  I have a Blackberry for work. The Eternity also doesn't have push email and only supports preset email services (i.e. hotmail, yahoo, comcast, etc...).

Windows Mobile or Blackberry OS are the most fully featured PDA type phones on AT&T.  Palm phones are great for this as well but are a bit behind in technology.  I'd also suggest looking at the Fuze if you can deal with it's thickness.  The iPhone is great if you don't need advanced SMS or Bluetooth features.  I also don't think the iPhone can compare to WM or BB when it comes to the PIM functions.

Message Edited by Naplesbill on 01-19-2009 04:06:56 PM

Scholar

• 

143 Messages

15 years ago

The Pre and WebOS look very interesting.  I can't wait to see what it does for competition.

Guru

• 

758 Messages

15 years ago

@Naplesbill wrote:
The Pre and WebOS look very interesting.  I can't wait to see what it does for competition.

Ditto!
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.