Posted Feb 14, 2009
9:29:54 PM
View profile
Where do the failed to send messages go on a C520
Does anyone know what happens to a text message whose transmission failed? If I type a message when there is not sufficient signal to send, and it fails, it gives me another try, but after several times it gives up and that message seems to disappear. Is there a way to save the message at that point for trying later? Thanks.
Does anyone know what happens to a text message whose transmission failed? If I type a message when there is not sufficient signal to send, and it fails, it gives me another try, but after several times it gives up and that message seems to disappear. Is there a way to save the message at that point for trying later? Thanks.
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Feb 15, 2009 8:04:10 AM
(0)
Expert

ponpilot wrote:

Normally messages that fail to be sent are saved in the "Outbox" for you.

Knight Rider Rules.gif

AT&T's return policy has changed effective 10/07/12.  You have 14 days to return the device & cxl without a ETF.  Policy info HERE.

Where is Justin Timberlake when you need him?. I need him to billed me a bridge to get a cross all these tears from complainers.This post is protected under the laws of the United States & other Countries. Unauthorized duplication, Distribution may result in civil liability & criminal prosecution.The OP gratefully acknowledge the cooperation of: The mods, Fellow forumites, Canada, The United States Of America, Mexico, USVI & Europe. As well as James Bond.

When the going gets rough, hide in a pillow fort and pretend you don't exist.
Accepted Solution

Where do the failed to send messages go on a C520

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Feb 15, 2009 8:04:10 AM
(0)
Expert

ponpilot wrote:

Knight Rider Rules.gif

AT&T's return policy has changed effective 10/07/12.  You have 14 days to return the device & cxl without a ETF.  Policy info HERE.

Where is Justin Timberlake when you need him?. I need him to billed me a bridge to get a cross all these tears from complainers.This post is protected under the laws of the United States & other Countries. Unauthorized duplication, Distribution may result in civil liability & criminal prosecution.The OP gratefully acknowledge the cooperation of: The mods, Fellow forumites, Canada, The United States Of America, Mexico, USVI & Europe. As well as James Bond.

ponpilot wrote:

Knight Rider Rules.gif

Re: Where do the failed to send messages go on a C520

2 of 7 (3,279 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 15, 2009 8:14:16 AM
(0)
Teacher
Thank you so much. That seems logical to me, but my trouble is I can't find an "Outbox" on this phone, and I've not been able to retrieve those messages that sometimes I've typed quite a while on either. I checked in Drafts also, but it's not there either. My choices that I've been able to find are under Menu/Messaging: 1) Write New, 2) Inbox, 3) Sent, 4) Draft. Then the list goes on with Voice Mail and the likes. Thanks again for your thoughts, I appreciate it.
Thank you so much. That seems logical to me, but my trouble is I can't find an "Outbox" on this phone, and I've not been able to retrieve those messages that sometimes I've typed quite a while on either. I checked in Drafts also, but it's not there either. My choices that I've been able to find are under Menu/Messaging: 1) Write New, 2) Inbox, 3) Sent, 4) Draft. Then the list goes on with Voice Mail and the likes. Thanks again for your thoughts, I appreciate it.

3 of 7 (3,276 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 15, 2009 8:27:54 AM
(0)
Teacher
Okay, you Did help me and I thank you so much. Your reply and help prompted me to look harder for the Outbox, and I found it. It appears to only be available on the C520 in Advanced Mode, and I usually have it on Breeze. You are right, there it is, in Advanced Mode, Menu/Messaging. I do wish it were available in Breeze Mode also, and it may be, I just can't find it there. Thanks again for your help, problem solved. Have a good day.
Okay, you Did help me and I thank you so much. Your reply and help prompted me to look harder for the Outbox, and I found it. It appears to only be available on the C520 in Advanced Mode, and I usually have it on Breeze. You are right, there it is, in Advanced Mode, Menu/Messaging. I do wish it were available in Breeze Mode also, and it may be, I just can't find it there. Thanks again for your help, problem solved. Have a good day.

4 of 7 (3,274 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 15, 2009 8:37:47 AM
(0)
Expert
     I am glad to hear i was able to help you out. please come back to the forums if you have any further questions and or concerns and all of us would be glad to help you out.

Knight Rider Rules.gif

I am glad to hear i was able to help you out. please come back to the forums if you have any further questions and or concerns and all of us would be glad to help you out.

Knight Rider Rules.gif

5 of 7 (3,269 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 15, 2009 10:24:17 AM
(0)
Teacher
And thank you as well, I appreciate you very much, big help. I'll be back, hopefully not to the point of worrying anyone, but help is sure appreciated. Have a good day, God bless.
And thank you as well, I appreciate you very much, big help. I'll be back, hopefully not to the point of worrying anyone, but help is sure appreciated. Have a good day, God bless.

6 of 7 (3,253 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 15, 2009 12:04:45 PM
(0)
Expert

ponpilot wrote:

you are very welcome.

Knight Rider Rules.gif

ponpilot wrote:

you are very welcome.

Knight Rider Rules.gif

7 of 7 (3,247 Views)