Troubleshoot your device issues
ponpilot's profile

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

Sunday, February 15th, 2009 5:29 AM

Closed

Where do the failed to send messages go on a C520

Does anyone know what happens to a text message whose transmission failed? If I type a message when there is not sufficient signal to send, and it fails, it gives me another try, but after several times it gives up and that message seems to disappear. Is there a way to save the message at that point for trying later? Thanks.

Accepted Solution

Expert

• 

13K Messages

15 years ago

@ponpilot wrote:
     Does anyone know what happens to a text message whose transmission failed? If I type a message when there is not sufficient signal to send, and it fails, it gives me another try, but after several times it gives up and that message seems to disappear. Is there a way to save the message at that point for trying later? Thanks.

Normally messages that fail to be sent are saved in the "Outbox" for you.

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

15 years ago

Thank you so much. That seems logical to me, but my trouble is I can't find an "Outbox" on this phone, and I've not been able to retrieve those messages that sometimes I've typed quite a while on either. I checked in Drafts also, but it's not there either. My choices that I've been able to find are under Menu/Messaging: 1) Write New, 2) Inbox, 3) Sent, 4) Draft. Then the list goes on with Voice Mail and the likes. Thanks again for your thoughts, I appreciate it.

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

15 years ago

Okay, you Did help me and I thank you so much. Your reply and help prompted me to look harder for the Outbox, and I found it. It appears to only be available on the C520 in Advanced Mode, and I usually have it on Breeze. You are right, there it is, in Advanced Mode, Menu/Messaging. I do wish it were available in Breeze Mode also, and it may be, I just can't find it there. Thanks again for your help, problem solved. Have a good day.

Expert

• 

13K Messages

15 years ago

I am glad to hear i was able to help you out. please come back to the forums if you have any further questions and or concerns and all of us would be glad to help you out.

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

15 years ago

And thank you as well, I appreciate you very much, big help. I'll be back, hopefully not to the point of worrying anyone, but help is sure appreciated. Have a good day, God bless.

Expert

• 

13K Messages

15 years ago

@ponpilot wrote:
And thank you as well, I appreciate you very much, big help. I'll be back, hopefully not to the point of worrying anyone, but help is sure appreciated. Have a good day, God bless.

you are very welcome.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.