Troubleshoot your device issues
fatpappy's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, June 1st, 2009 6:11 AM

Closed

Tundra issue

I need some help, please.  Got Tundra, using Motorola Phone Tools trying to transfer audio files, MPT freezes and goes kaput. Don't know why, but before MPT was updated to recognize new phone, when usb plugged in, PC saw the SD card as a storage device, but since MPT, I can't see the SD card in "My Computer".  any suggestions?

Accepted Solution

Guru

• 

983 Messages

15 years ago

On your phone, go through the following (before connecting). 

Main Menu, select Settings,

Select Connections.  There should be 2; Bluetooth, and USB, select USB.  By default it's generally Media Sync lately. 

If it's listed as either Media Sync or Data Connection, select to change it and select Memory Card.

Attach the phone to the computer using the Cable.  

Computer will now see your phone as a Mass Storage Device, so you'd be able to see it through your My Computer window.

Message Edited by Vampredator on 06-01-2009 10:38:29 AM

Guru

• 

983 Messages

15 years ago

Change you USB Connection Setting to Memory Card.  Then any Windows or Linux based OS will see the card as a Mass Storage device.  It's faster than MPT anyhow. 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

15 years ago

Vampredator,

Thanks for the reply; I'm not exactly sure how to accomplish that. 

Would you mind sharing the steps to make that happen?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

15 years ago

Thanks a million... got it going....

Guru

• 

983 Messages

15 years ago

Always happy to help.  (The only purpose I have for MPT is to retrieve media from the phone itself if it's been damaged... had a girlfriend snap a V3 in half before).  Smiley Very Happy
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.