For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
Art65ar's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, December 26th, 2014 9:18 PM

Slow connection

Having problems with my personal hotspot. I've called and spent a few hours now trying to get this resolved.

After being on hold for 15 minutes the last CSR asked me the same questions over and over, then after spending 1/2 hr on the phone and getting nowhere, I asked for a supervisor, without asking me to hold or stating he was "pawning me off"he sent me to the payment center whom sent me to payment center manager whom then stated I needed to speak to a supervisor at customer service. This phone call and being sent elsewhere was 1 1/2 hours waste of my time.
I think AT&T has glitches and I know this because I'm paying for data to "sit and wait" for network, even though I show 3-4 bars in my device, and there are 5 towers in my area. I've put a lot of money into the hotspot, I've talked to 5-6 CSR's who all "pass the buck" to the next person while my hard earned moneys being sucked up for a "slow network".
Maybe it's time I switch to Verizon since AT&T cannot answer, resolve or are willing to give some credit to me while I'm waiting for their system glitches to be figured out.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@Art65ar wrote:

Having problems with my personal hotspot. I've called and spent a few hours now trying to get this resolved.

After being on hold for 15 minutes the last CSR asked me the same questions over and over, then after spending 1/2 hr on the phone and getting nowhere, I asked for a supervisor, without asking me to hold or stating he was "pawning me off"he sent me to the payment center whom sent me to payment center manager whom then stated I needed to speak to a supervisor at customer service. This phone call and being sent elsewhere was 1 1/2 hours waste of my time.
I think AT&T has glitches and I know this because I'm paying for data to "sit and wait" for network, even though I show 3-4 bars in my device, and there are 5 towers in my area. I've put a lot of money into the hotspot, I've talked to 5-6 CSR's who all "pass the buck" to the next person while my hard earned moneys being sucked up for a "slow network".
Maybe it's time I switch to Verizon since AT&T cannot answer, resolve or are willing to give some credit to me while I'm waiting for their system glitches to be figured out.

Is this a wireless phone problem?  Put it in the wireless area above.  What does 5 towers in your area have to do w/Uverse internet?

If you are hosting a hotspot on Uverse internet, better check the TOS to see if that's OK. Smiley Surprised

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

9 years ago

Hi @Art65ar 

I'm sorry you're having some issues with your hotspot. What actions and services are you trying to access on the web? You can get a new SIM cards at any corporate AT&T store, it often helps with reception issues.

Thank you,

Dmitriy 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.