For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
awatkins55's profile

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

Wednesday, October 8th, 2014 5:32 AM

Powermat Wireless Charging Quick Circle Folio Case PMA LG G3 Black

Have LG G3 phone and purchased two powermat from duracell and the Powermat Wireless Charging Quick Circle Folio Case PMA LG G3 Black from ATT. Received the first case and it worked for about a week. Went to charge it and it failed. Contacted ATT and was told they were out of stock on a replacement case. So i sent it in as requested and it took over a month for them to recieve it and for me to get a refund. I saw they had them in stock again and ordered another case and recieved it a few days later. The new case arrived and placed the phone in the case and attempted to charge it again and right out of the box the new case failed to charge. Got on the phone with ATT about the problem. And serching the web this problem is popping up quite frequently. They contacted LG to see if they are aware of this problem. LG has given me an RA to send the case into them so they can run test on the case to see if in fact its defective. ATT is aware of this problem and chose to do nothing about it. If this problem is not fixed it time to change providers. I have placed a call to Duracell to have the powermat checked but is going to hold off because the powermats are doing there job. This promblem is with the phone and the case. Anyone choosing to use wireless charging and is having this problem we need to let ATT and LG to work out there differences and get this fixed as soon as possible. I'm on my second phone and second case now.

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

9 years ago

Here is an update to the pma folio wireless case problem. Sent the first case back to att for a refund. Purchaced another from att put case on phone still having the same issues. Sent the case to lg to be checked was told they would have it for 5 business days which turn into three weeks. Called several times they had no receipt of me sending it in. Behold i had the tracking number and someone had to sign for it. The next day i get an email with a tracking number. They say there was no problem with the case. Tried once again the same problem. Have 2 powermat chargers and one is enroute to duracell to be checked under warranty. Called up att and the tech remoted into my asked me if there was an app that runs the wireless big question mark pops up. They are sending me a certified like new instead of a new phone. This is the 3 phone and guess what still no work. why pay for a phone and all the features if they are not working. LG and ATT get it together and find a solution to this problem or you will be renewing my phone with an early upgrade. All lets make ATT aware of this because we are paying to much for these phones. I have had the LG G3 for 4 months.

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

9 years ago

Update to pma wireless charging. All my pma devices were come back from duracell stating could not find a problem with them. After folio case was sent back from LG stating that they couldnt find anything wrong with the case. I called ATT the tech remoted in the phone and then replaced the phone under warranty with a like new device. Wirless charging worked for two weeks like before. Wireless charging stopped working. I am going to try again they will replace the phone with a different phone. Not going to pay this kind of money for something that does'nt work properly. This problem exist in the UK as well Okay ATT its time to fix your screw up for not properly testing pma and not sticking with QI. You sell LG accessories for the phone and then you dont want to back up what you sell. As a consumer it is time for legal action in my state we have a no lemon law.

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

9 years ago

THIS SOLUTION HAS NOT BEEN RESOLVED

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

I have a g3 that has worked with PMA since launch day.  But there is a problem with some batches of the phone.  Its a LG problem not an ATT problem. 

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

9 years ago

I recieved my phone on launch day as well. It was replaced by ATT. They even sent me a new battery and said that should fix the phone and it did not. PMA wireless still did not work. So i was on the phone for two weeks between LG and ATT. Each time I called ATT i had to explain what was going on after each time i called they was updating the case and LG was doing the same. Back and forth we go. I finally got a hold of someone on the LG side who understand what I was talking about. As we got into the conversation the teck said yes it was a hardware problem on the phone. I was hesitant on sending it in since it would take 2-3 weeks. ATT could have change the phone since it was under warranty and it was not there problem. So as of this day January 9, 2015 I'm tracking the status of my phone and status of my phone and it states it's being repaired. I will know if i get the same phone back or if they replaced it. Not everyone is having problems with pma wireless its built into the phone, a different back cover and circle folio cases work. I pay for something i want it to work. These days buying a phone is just like buying a car. I will update this when i get my phone back. I just hope this will help others if this happens to them before there warranty runs out if it does your screwd. 10% of 1000 phone will slip through quality control and consider where your your phone was made in. Throughout my research of this people in Canada and United Kingdom and other places that use pma is having this problem. QI users are not.

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

9 years ago

Here is the latest sent my phone to lg on Dec 30, 2014. Got the phone back on Jan 17, 2015. There diagnosis was searching for svc message due to no services. Solution replaced board chip. If your wireless charging on the lg G3 is not working it is worth getting repaired. One week since return and it is working fine. So it is a hardware problem.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

9 years ago

But they replaced your phone at one point!?
So this is a major phone hardware problem. I can see the benefits to the PMA charger system. But when all other phones for other carrier have a functional system, why mess it up?

One more reason to purchase a sim free version of a phone.

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

9 years ago

Well here is my final thoughts on the repair of my lg g3 phone. LG step up to the plate and repaired my phone successfully. PMA wireless is functioning correctly. Since the update to Lollipop 5.0.1 there are no flaws. I now don't have to search for cables traveling through the airports and other places that has provided pma wirless charging in there business. I am happy and satisfied that LG has step up and sorry that ATT fell on there face after phone is paid for on ATT next I will be dropping ATT since the last 2 years has been nothing but problems. I hope my experience has helped anyone else who was facing the same problem in trying to get your pma wireless to work on your LG G3.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

9 years ago

@awatkins55

I understand you being miffed at the change in charging methods, especially since you had a previous working charging mat.
However, I have to look at other phones....
Point 1
Iphone changed its cable after many years.
When I bought the Note 3 I was unhappy the charging cable was not the same as my other Samsung phone and tablet.

Point 2
Since your phone is now working correctly, it was NEVER the phone carriers fault it didn't work. It was a manufacturers flaw, subject to warranty repair by LG.
You shouldnt blame the messenger.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

@lizdance40 

Actually the blame for this issue falls straight into ATT's lap.  The chose to go with PMA which is not a standard wireless charging standard Qi is.  All the other lg g3 models in the world shipped with Qi.  Lg has stated this is where the problem came from with ATT wanting PMA.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.