Troubleshoot your device issues
aznetcowboy's profile

Mentor

• 

49 Messages

Saturday, December 29th, 2012 6:47 PM

Pantech c740 and MS Sync question

I just purchased a Pantech C740 Matrix phone. I find I cannot download my phonebook into my MicroSoft SYNC system in my car. Is this phone just unable to do that or am I maybe doing something wrong? I like this phone, but the main use I get from it is while I am driving and handsfree is extremely important to me. If I can't download my contact/phonebook listing into my car's MS SYNC, it is of no use to me. Smiley Frustrated

Any suggestions or help will be greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Mentor

• 

49 Messages

11 years ago

I went to my Ford dealer today and they resolved the issue for me It turns out you need to "push" the contacts over to the SYNC system one at a time. There is nothing in the C740 manual that describes this procedure.

1. You have to get to the Modify Phonebook setting on the SYNC
  2. Then go to Add Contact.
  3. On the phone you go to the contact list and select the contact you want transferred and press "Options". 
  4. Then go to "Send This Card" and click on this selection.
  5. Next select Bluetooth. A screen saying "Waiting" will now appear.
  6. The "My Devices" screen will appear in a few moments.
  7. Now you go down to the "device" you want the contact copied to and press OK.
  8. When the copy is complete you will be seeing a screen saying it has completed and on the SYNC system it will say X copied where X is the number of contacts copied in the current session.
  9. Repeat steps 2 through 8 until you are done.

Good luck. It worked for me and I hope it works for everyone else also.

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@aznetcowboy wrote:

I just purchased a Pantech C740 Matrix phone. I find I cannot download my phonebook into my MicroSoft SYNC system in my car. Is this phone just unable to do that or am I maybe doing something wrong? I like this phone, but the main use I get from it is while I am driving and handsfree is extremely important to me. If I can't download my contact/phonebook listing into my car's MS SYNC, it is of no use to me. Smiley Frustrated

Any suggestions or help will be greatly appreciated.

If it is not android, apple ios or blackberry it pretty much will not load the address book

http://support.ford.com/sync-technology/phone-compatibility-sync

http://www.syncmyride.com

Mentor

• 

49 Messages

11 years ago

@wingrider01 wrote:

If it is not android, apple ios or blackberry it pretty much will not load the address book

I have been able to SYNC up other phones (Pantech Breeze II, Pantech Breeze III and ZTE Z221) with no problem including downloading the Addressbooks into the car SYNC system. It doesn't seem like this Pantech phone shouldn't download if other similar Pantech non-smart phones will.

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@aznetcowboy wrote:

@wingrider01 wrote:

I have been able to SYNC up other phones (Pantech Breeze II, Pantech Breeze III and ZTE Z221) with no problem including downloading the Addressbooks into the car SYNC system. It doesn't seem like this Pantech phone shouldn't download if other similar Pantech non-smart phones will.

did not see any Pantech phones listed on the compatibilty matrix af the MS syncMy ride forum or website. Would suggest that you persue the questions over at syncmyride.com and the pantech support site. Since this is a phone / ford issue

Mentor

• 

49 Messages

11 years ago

did not see any Pantech phones listed on the compatibilty matrix af the MS syncMy ride forum or website. Would suggest that you persue the questions over at syncmyride.com and the pantech support site. Since this is a phone / ford issue

I downloaded the entire listing, and one thing I noted was that is stated in bold letters that the listing was of phones tested "so far...". Knowing that the Pantech Breeze II and III both work with MS Sync, it tells me that the list on Drive My Sync is far from complete, especially when one sees all the new phones coming on the market. I guess that they only test so many of them and as some of the Pantech (and probably other brands) are no longer manufactured the probably won't be tested.

I guess what I need to do is to find other Pantech Duo Matrix phones that are Sync compatible. So far the Pantech people have not responded to my query nor have the Sync people. That's why I have come to this forum to see if anyone is knowledgeable about the Pantech Duo phones and MS Sync.

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@aznetcowboy wrote:

I downloaded the entire listing, and one thing I noted was that is stated in bold letters that the listing was of phones tested "so far...". Knowing that the Pantech Breeze II and III both work with MS Sync, it tells me that the list on Drive My Sync is far from complete, especially when one sees all the new phones coming on the market. I guess that they only test so many of them and as some of the Pantech (and probably other brands) are no longer manufactured the probably won't be tested.

I guess what I need to do is to find other Pantech Duo Matrix phones that are Sync compatible. So far the Pantech people have not responded to my query nor have the Sync people. That's why I have come to this forum to see if anyone is knowledgeable about the Pantech Duo phones and MS Sync.

holiday weekend, with mon and tues as additional days off for a lot of people, would not expect a response for at least 5 to 10 business days

Mentor

• 

49 Messages

11 years ago

I received the following from the Tech Support at SyncMyRide regarding the phones listed as compatible with MS Sync:

"Thank you for your email in regards to phone compatibility.  The list that is published on the www.SyncMyRide.com  website is phones that have been tested and approved by Ford Motor Company.  There are other phones that work well with the SYNC system, but have not yet been tested and approved."

So, don't necessarily rule out a phone because it isn't on the list. But, IMHO, use good judgment in making a purchase. And check the return rules first.

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@aznetcowboy wrote:

I went to my Ford dealer today and they resolved the issue for me It turns out you need to "push" the contacts over to the SYNC system one at a time. There is nothing in the C740 manual that describes this procedure.

3. On the phone you go to the contact list and select the contact you want transferred and press "Options". 
  8. When the copy is complete you will be seeing a screen saying it has completed and on the SYNC system it will say X copied where X is the number of contacts copied in the current session.

@aznetcowboy wrote:

300 contacts in my phone, no thanks. Not a good work around

Mentor

• 

49 Messages

11 years ago

Ford Motor Company sent me an email for a software product called SyncMyPhone. It can be found at http://www.syncmyride.com/Own/Modules/UpdateCenter/UpdateCenterLanding.aspx. This didn't work for me, but maybe it will for you. The link to the actual software is at the bottom of this page at SyncMyRide. Good luck.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.