Troubleshoot your device issues
A

• 

25.7K Messages

Monday, November 28th, 2011 1:59 AM

Pantech 7040 Drivers Windows 7

Got the Pantech 7040.  Nice little phone to do all the basic functions.  ATT said I would be able to link it to my computer. Downloaded the PCsuite software, hooked up my usb cable.  Looked like ti would install the driver and gave me an error on install.  Can't get it to install properly for the life of me.  When I check under device manager for Pantech HUSB Driver it shows an error code of 37.  Tried bluetooth connection.  Got bluetooth dun to work, but PC suite software doesn't pick up the phone at all or show if it's connected.  Anyone get pc suite to work on windows 7 with pantech 7040(link)?  How did you do it. I just want it to be able to sync it with Microsoft outlook, and this phone would do everything I need it to. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

Have you been able to find the correct driver?  I'm having the same problem and can't seem to find answers anywhere. Hoping you have found a solution.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

The USB driver is in the Pantech suite but has to be installed in compatability mode.

• 

25.7K Messages

12 years ago

Unfortunately that trick might work on something other than 64 bit, but for windows 7 64 bit it's a no go if installing in compatibility mode.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

Hmmm... I use windows 7 64 bit and installed the driver in compatability mode and it works fine. I also ran the install as administrator, don't know if that had anythng to do with it. Sorry it didn't work for you.

• 

25.7K Messages

12 years ago

Ok sorry about that.  I get it to connect via music player or the mass storage, but for the life of me I can't get the pantech pc suite to pick it up so I can sync with outlook.  Were you able to do this?  It keeps showing not connected in the lower right corner of the pc suite.  If you did could you please share some of the steps you followed to get it to work?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.