Posted Nov 27, 2011
5:59:00 PM
Pantech 7040 Drivers Windows 7
Edited by ttiger211996 on Nov 27, 2011 at 6:07:13 PM

Got the Pantech 7040.  Nice little phone to do all the basic functions.  ATT said I would be able to link it to my computer. Downloaded the PCsuite software, hooked up my usb cable.  Looked like ti would install the driver and gave me an error on install.  Can't get it to install properly for the life of me.  When I check under device manager for Pantech HUSB Driver it shows an error code of 37.  Tried bluetooth connection.  Got bluetooth dun to work, but PC suite software doesn't pick up the phone at all or show if it's connected.  Anyone get pc suite to work on windows 7 with pantech 7040(link)?  How did you do it. I just want it to be able to sync it with Microsoft outlook, and this phone would do everything I need it to. 

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
Jan 23, 2012 10:51:24 AM
(0)
Teacher

Got it to work fully in windows 7 thanks to a recommendation from hillbilly_tiger in Howard forums

This is the procedure which I followed:

Thanks for the info worked like a charm exact procedure below for those with windows 7 64 bit & Pantech Link 7040:

1. Download Link II & Regular Link software from Pantech site.
2. Install Link II software first as administrator. After full install plug in your phone using a USB cable. All drivers will now install for the phone. Unplug the phone after the software installs.
3. Uninstall Link II PC suite software. This will not work with the Link 7040, and restart the computer.
4. Install the Link 7040 software as administrator, and connect your phone and the software will now say it is connected and will work.

Thanks to hillbilly for the info.

I have only used this with a USB cable connection and have not tried connecting via bluetooth.  If someone does try it via bluetooth please update this post.  Thanks.

Accepted Solution

Pantech 7040 Drivers Windows 7

[ Edited ]
12 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(12)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 22, 2011 8:11:34 AM
(0)
Contributor

Have you been able to find the correct driver?  I'm having the same problem and can't seem to find answers anywhere. Hoping you have found a solution.

Re: Pantech 7040 Drivers Windows 7

2 of 13 (14,431 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 22, 2011 11:24:46 AM
(0)
Contributor

The USB driver is in the Pantech suite but has to be installed in compatability mode.

3 of 13 (14,431 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 27, 2011 2:57:10 PM
(0)
Teacher

Unfortunately that trick might work on something other than 64 bit, but for windows 7 64 bit it's a no go if installing in compatibility mode.

4 of 13 (14,358 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 28, 2011 7:13:11 PM
(0)
Contributor

Hmmm... I use windows 7 64 bit and installed the driver in compatability mode and it works fine. I also ran the install as administrator, don't know if that had anythng to do with it. Sorry it didn't work for you.

5 of 13 (14,339 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 29, 2011 7:40:46 PM
(0)
Teacher
Edited by ttiger211996 on Dec 29, 2011 at 7:41:23 PM

Ok sorry about that.  I get it to connect via music player or the mass storage, but for the life of me I can't get the pantech pc suite to pick it up so I can sync with outlook.  Were you able to do this?  It keeps showing not connected in the lower right corner of the pc suite.  If you did could you please share some of the steps you followed to get it to work?

[ Edited ]
6 of 13 (14,325 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
Jan 23, 2012 10:51:24 AM
(0)
Teacher

Got it to work fully in windows 7 thanks to a recommendation from hillbilly_tiger in Howard forums

This is the procedure which I followed:

Thanks for the info worked like a charm exact procedure below for those with windows 7 64 bit & Pantech Link 7040:

1. Download Link II & Regular Link software from Pantech site.
2. Install Link II software first as administrator. After full install plug in your phone using a USB cable. All drivers will now install for the phone. Unplug the phone after the software installs.
3. Uninstall Link II PC suite software. This will not work with the Link 7040, and restart the computer.
4. Install the Link 7040 software as administrator, and connect your phone and the software will now say it is connected and will work.

Thanks to hillbilly for the info.

I have only used this with a USB cable connection and have not tried connecting via bluetooth.  If someone does try it via bluetooth please update this post.  Thanks.

7 of 13 (14,106 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 15, 2012 5:13:04 PM
(0)
Tutor
Trying it now. Will post result. Thanks for info.

8 of 13 (13,250 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 15, 2012 5:22:47 PM
(0)
Tutor
Phase 1 went fine. Drivers now installed. On to phase 2.

9 of 13 (13,249 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 15, 2012 5:52:00 PM
(0)
Tutor

OK, it WORKS!  Although I decided to uninstall the Suite software and just use Windows Explorer to move my files around. Rquires a bit of heavy lifting but this process does install 64 bit drivers for the P7040P. Thanks again for sharing this.

10 of 13 (13,247 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 24, 2012 10:31:38 PM
(0)
Contributor

Tried this technique, got the drivers installed but still had problems seeing external SDcard. uninstalled the PCsuite as well and Can't find the Card using explorer. Any Ideas?

11 of 13 (9,999 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 6, 2013 9:48:32 PM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by Phil-101 on Jan 6, 2013 at 9:51:43 PM

I have no luck connecting to pc suit... I wrote to pantech support , even this did not work for me..

and here is their suggestion:

Thank you for contacting Pantech Technical Support.
Your Case  Number for this issue is: # ***
If you are running Windows Vista/7  then it is possible the drivers did not install during the installation of PC  Suite.
Please follow the instructions below to manually install the  drivers: (Unplug your phone from the computer before following the steps below)
1. Open My Computer and navigate to “C:\Program Files  (x86)\Pantech\Pantech PC Suite\[MODEL]\USBDriver” 2. You will find a single  file within this folder, please run it by double-clicking on it 3. Select  Next/Install/Finish all the way through the process, there are no options to  change 4. After the driver finishes to install, plug in your phone and allow  the drivers to finish installing the device 5. After the installation  process finishes, please open up PC Suite and check if you are now connected
If you are still not connected:
1. In PC Suite, go to File > Connections 2. Ensure it is set to USB, then click Connect, then Ok. 3. Check whether you are now connected
If you are still not  connected: (Unplug your phone from the computer before following the steps  below)
1. Go to Menu > Settings > Phone Mode, and click Advanced  Mode 2. Go to Menu > Settings > Connectivity > USB Mode, and select  Ask On Connection 3. Plug your phone in, when it prompts you on the screen  of the phone to select what you would like to do, please cancel by hitting the  back button 4. Open PC Suite and check if you are now connected
If you are still not connected:
1. Right-click the Pantech  PC Suite(P7040) shortcut that is on your desktop and select Properties 2.  Click on the Compatibility tab, then check “Run this program in compatibility  mode for:" and select “Windows XP (Service Pack 3)” 3. Click Apply, then Ok 4. Launch PC Suite using the shortcut and check whether you are connected
If you are still having issue with connectivity after the above steps,  please contact us directly at 1-800-962-8622 so we can work 1-on-1 with you to  resolve this issue. Please make sure you are not calling from the phone in  question, and make sure that you have access to your computer.
If  you need to reply to this message, please click 'reply' to include all previous  correspondence. This allows us to track your issue more efficiently and to  resolve your issue more quickly. We hope your experience with us has provided  you with an acceptable resolution to your issue.
Thank you for choosing  the Pantech Wireless Online Support Team.
William
Hours of  Operation ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Monday to Friday: 8:00am-11:00pm Eastern Standard Time Toll-free:  

Subject: p7040 does not connect to pc suit

I purchased pantech P7040, for me and for my wife. ALso seperatly  purchased USB cable. Program does not make the connection... I have windows 7 64  bit... We searched internet and end up empty handed... There is no  solution. Being that you are the manufacturer may be you can  help Looking forward to hearing from you with  solution...

Let me know if this was any help to anyone ?

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

[ Edited ]
12 of 13 (8,557 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 10, 2014 5:06:43 PM
(0)
Contributor

I am runnng windows 7 and I followed the instrucion given by jonusa for my pantech laser p9050. It worked fine just after running the first program. I did not even have to run pc suite in compatiblity mode. Just remember with the new PC Suite you have to run PTQH_V1 that is located in 

program Files(x86)\Pantech pc suit\p9050\usbdriver

13 of 13 (2,200 Views)