Troubleshoot your device issues
pablocrego's profile

Scholar

• 

332 Messages

Friday, May 29th, 2009 2:47 PM

Closed

Nokia Messaging

Hi,need some help. I'm trying to install Nokia Messaging in my phone. The application downloads ok to the phone but at some point,it says there is no enough phone memory and prompts me to erase phone memory first and stops the final installation. The thing is that i want to install it in the mass memory rather than the phone memory,but unlike other applications,this one does not ask in which memory i want to install.

The other thing is that I cannot find in the phone some icon or information that list which things i have stored in the phone memory to select which one i could erase...so, anything that you can suggest will be appreciated ..I have a Nokia N81 8GB ,OS is S60 v3. Thanks

Message Edited by pablocrego on 05-29-2009 08:01:12 AM

Accepted Solution

Guru

• 

522 Messages

15 years ago

@pablocrego wrote:
Yes,I found that section and I erased some useless things i had in phone memory,also i erased almost 1000 text messages and 400 e-mail messages. Now the application did install,but in the process of "e-mail setup" says it needs me to erase more stuff from phone memory. Smiley Mad...there is no much more left to erase! I would like to force the app to be installed in mass memory, I have almost 5 GB of empty memory there. I tried 2 times already and does not ask in which memory I want to install, it defaults to phone's one,where I dont have much left to erase... Smiley Sad  

Nokia Messaging only installs to the phone's memory.  The E71x's built-in memory holds 120 MB.  Texts and e-mails (without attachments) are very small in file size, so deleting or moving those is not going to help much.  Most apps are also 1 MB or less, so I can't imagine you could've filled up your built-in memory unless you have numerous files (or a few very large ones) saved to it.  You should be able to use File Manager to move those files from the built-in memory to a memory card, which should solve your problem.

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

15 years ago

I don't know how similar the N81 will be, but on my E70 within the application manager (in tools), if you use "options" to "view details" it tells you whether the application is stored on the phone's memory or on the memory card.

Scholar

• 

332 Messages

15 years ago

Yes,I found that section and I erased some useless things i had in phone memory,also i erased almost 1000 text messages and 400 e-mail messages. Now the application did install,but in the process of "e-mail setup" says it needs me to erase more stuff from phone memory. Smiley Mad...there is no much more left to erase! I would like to force the app to be installed in mass memory, I have almost 5 GB of empty memory there. I tried 2 times already and does not ask in which memory I want to install, it defaults to phone's one,where I dont have much left to erase... Smiley Sad  

Scholar

• 

200 Messages

15 years ago

I agree... I'd move any files you could to the Memory Card (pics, other applications, ringtones, MP3, whatever), and continue with the set-up. If it says you're out of memory now, just imagine the problems you're going to have later...

Scholar

• 

332 Messages

15 years ago

Thanks all for the help. Now I could go all the way for e-mail setup and is working fine.Went to file manager and moved all I could to mass memory. Smiley Wink

Guru

• 

522 Messages

15 years ago

@pablocrego wrote:
Thanks all for the help. Now I could go all the way for e-mail setup and is working fine.Went to file manager and moved all I could to mass memory. Smiley Wink

No prob...  Glad it helped!  😉

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.