Posted Dec 4, 2008
7:40:09 AM
Lock screen on Tilt
I just got my refurb Tilt (couldn't swing $300 for a Fuze) and I'm trying to get used to the differences. I had been running an 8125 with WM 5.0, to the Tilt with 6.1 is generally a good upgrade.

However, I cannot find how to lock the screen. Everytime I put this in the case, it is on a random screen when I pull this out.

With WM5, there was a button on the home page to lock the screen. But I can't find it on WM6.1

Thanks.
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
Dec 4, 2008 1:13:33 PM
(0)
Guru
You also can go to "Settings">"Today">"Items" (bottom of screen) and check "Device Lock".
Then your Today screen will show "lock" and ability to tap to lock.- to unlock you need to tap at bottom of screen and then, again, to confirm in middle of screen.
Accepted Solution

Lock screen on Tilt

8 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(8)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 4, 2008 7:52:37 AM
(0)
Guru
www.cellfeatures.com/mobile/att_tilt/att_tilt_tip_ho.php

Re: Lock screen on Tilt

2 of 9 (3,735 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 4, 2008 11:07:40 AM
(0)
Scholar
Thanks. I was hoping for an icon or something I could put on the home screen. Currently, I have to click the icon with 4 boxes and then the paddle lock.

3 of 9 (3,697 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 4, 2008 11:18:25 AM
(0)
Guru

JKOsborn4 wrote:
Thanks. I was hoping for an icon or something I could put on the home screen. Currently, I have to click the icon with 4 boxes and then the paddle lock.

There is one - do a search for "HTC End Key .cab"

4 of 9 (3,694 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
Dec 4, 2008 1:13:33 PM
(0)
Guru
You also can go to "Settings">"Today">"Items" (bottom of screen) and check "Device Lock".
Then your Today screen will show "lock" and ability to tap to lock.- to unlock you need to tap at bottom of screen and then, again, to confirm in middle of screen.

5 of 9 (3,675 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 4, 2008 1:25:37 PM
(0)
Master
Edited by Zandora on Dec 4, 2008 at 1:25:54 PM
If you click the power button, it turns off the screen, not the phone. To turn screen back on again, just click the power button again.

If you long press the power button, then it turns off the phone.

Message Edited by Zandora on 12-04-2008 05:25:54 PM

[ Edited ]
6 of 9 (3,669 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 4, 2008 1:42:59 PM
(0)
Scholar

prubin wrote:

That's what I was looking for.

Of course, now I have to scroll down to get to it, but at least it's there.

Thanks.

7 of 9 (3,665 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 4, 2008 1:51:14 PM
(0)
Guru

JKOsborn4 wrote:

prubin wrote:

That's what I was looking for.

Of course, now I have to scroll down to get to it, but at least it's there.

Thanks.

You can change the location (placement) of items on the Today screen - tap the item you want to move up or down (ie, calendar, messages, device lock) and then to the right the move up or down boxes will light up. Then you can move the individual items
When I used my Tilt, I had lock at the bottom, as it was easier to hit with my fingernail - but whatever suits you best.

8 of 9 (3,662 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 4, 2008 2:09:20 PM
(0)
Scholar
Thanks! I don't know how I missed that. :smileysurprised:

9 of 9 (3,657 Views)