Troubleshoot your device issues
mnepitjr's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, October 13th, 2013 3:17 AM

Home Wireless Phone -Beeping

I have the new wireless home phone service that has a modem that you connect to your home phone.  Lights are all green.  Anytime I talk to my wife on the phone I get this stupid annoying beepinig noise like she is pressing the buttons.  She can't hear the beeps but I can.  It's getting on my last nerve.  I did see where someone else posted tis on here but it won't let me look at that thread.  Any help would be appreciated.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

I have had the same beeping problem since I brought the base home in Nov. 2013.  It is annoying and frustrating.  I have been emailing with an ATT rep who basically is telling us there is no resolution and to "deal with it." See rep's final messages below.

I received notice from the Urgent Case team that beeping sound is a known issue and we are currently working to get it resolved.

Unfortunately, there is no resolution at this time. Teams from product marketing, development, and ZTE (the WHP manufacturer) are actively investigating potential improvements to significantly reduce the occurrence of this issue.

I can understand your frustration in regards to the issue and can assure you that we are working to get it resolved as quick as possible.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

At AT&T's suggestion I've tried four different phones and it's still beeping. I'm sick of returning phones to Walmart.  Why blame the phone when it's AT&T's problem.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I am a relatively new user of the Z700 device (about a month). Last night I finally researched the occasional beeping my daughter says she hears during our calls and that brought me to this forum/thread.

I just spent 15 minutes or so with an AT&T support tech; they are noting this thread and also logging my call. Of course, she heard no beeping - maybe my male voice. Anyway, it would seem to be a relatively simple thing to fix - 

The device itself, imho, is pretty much an engineering marvel. The sound quality is far superior than that of a typical cell phone, making me think the "talk - off" issue might be a defective codec module. I'm not a telephony engineer, but I do have a little VoIP experience.

Anyways, it is discouraging to see AT&T and ZTE still have not resolved this, but I am hopeful that as more devices are placed in service and the issue is more visible, they will!

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

I have the same problem, I am not touching buttons either, and I dont hear the beep, but the person on the other end does.  I talked to an At&t tech support person tonight and she said they are aware of the problem and are working on it.  She told me trading out the handset or the base does not make the problem go away.  According to her some people have it occur rarely and others often.  When I am on the phone it  tends to happen every 3-5 minutes.  I don't  have the option of a land line, so I am just using it for emergency only, till something better comes along

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Several people I have been speaking with on my wireless home phone have also experienced the periodic beeping, like someone is hitting a number of the keypad of the phone.  I cannot hear it on my end.  One person who I spoke with for a little over an hour today estimated that he heard 7 beeps.

I use my home wireless phone for business.  It was the only way I could keep my phone number when I moved.  If I can't be assured this issue will be fixed in the near future, I will explore other options.  I cannot have my clients and prospects complaining about this beeping.  It is annoying and unprofessional.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I just got a wireless home phone and I am in the same boat with the rest of this thread. 

The beeping is driving my callers crazy. 

Help!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Is there any update to the resolution on this? The beeping is officially under my skin anytime I use the phone.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

No resolution that I know of. I have resigned myself to only using the 'beep beep phone' as I now call it, for emergencies or speaking with people who are aware of the situation. Can not use it with any call that uses tones for prompts.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

No resolution that I know of. I have resigned myself to only using the 'beep beep phone' as I now call it, for emergencies or speaking with people who are aware of the situation. Can not use it with any call that uses tones for prompts.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

It's a relief to know that others are experiencing the same phenomena.  I was on the verge of thinking conspiracy. Just wanted to share that the beeping noise is not limited to AT&T customers. I have a Panasonic wireless phone and use Magic Jack Plus. I get the same complaint from people on the receiving end of my calls.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.