For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
the PC apeman's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, November 18th, 2008 1:48 PM

Closed

Getting Bonus SW from Palm

I chose a Centro as my new phone mainly to merge my phone with my old Palm PDA.  I used Documents To Go (DTG) extensively on the old PDA and seeing it included with the Centro was a selling point. 

It seems I should be able to go to palm.com and down load the PC-side DTG app.  I go to the Bonus section, select DTG for download, and enter my phone's serial number when prompted.  But the serial number is not accepted.  The pop-up keeps coming back asking for a valid sn.

I used palm.com's chat support to inquire.  They said the server was down, try again in a few hours.  I've been trying for a few days and it never works.

Is this likely a Palm or an AT&T problem?  How can I get the bonus software?  Finding help on this has been frustrating.

PC

Accepted Solution

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

15 years ago

After another day of trying (and failing) to download from palm.com, I decided to try going directly to dataviz.com.  Using the registration number from phone-side app, I was able to register and download the PC-side app from them.  Problem solved (but an ugly black mark on both AT&T and Palm.)

Scholar

• 

128 Messages

15 years ago

Sometime Sunday or yesterday, a new version of DTG went online. This *might* have caused the problem you were getting, as people were probably in a little download frenzy. Give it a try later today. Let us know what happens.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.