Posted Mar 23, 2009
Eternity & The Internet

We gave my mother-in-law an Eternity and we don't have a data plan so to avoid her getting on the internet and running the bill up i want to diable the internet on her phone.  anyone know how this is done?  i need to do it on a Pantech C630 also is it the same procedure?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
3-23-2009 10:02:47 AM
(0)

ncinsguy wrote:

We gave my mother-in-law an Eternity and we don't have a data plan so to avoid her getting on the internet and running the bill up i want to diable the internet on her phone.  anyone know how this is done?  i need to do it on a Pantech C630 also is it the same procedure?

Call customer care and ask them to add the NWIX block feature for you, this will disallow internet connection at all times and no need to worry about accidental charges.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

Eternity & The Internet

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
Mar 23, 2009
(0)

ncinsguy wrote:

Call customer care and ask them to add the NWIX block feature for you, this will disallow internet connection at all times and no need to worry about accidental charges.

Knight Rider Rules.gif

AT&T's return policy has changed effective 10/07/12.  You have 14 days to return the device & cxl without a ETF.  Policy info HERE.

Where is Justin Timberlake when you need him?. I need him to billed me a bridge to get a cross all these tears from complainers.This post is protected under the laws of the United States & other Countries. Unauthorized duplication, Distribution may result in civil liability & criminal prosecution.The OP gratefully acknowledge the cooperation of: The mods, Fellow forumites, Canada, The United States Of America, Mexico, USVI & Europe. As well as James Bond.

When the going gets rough, hide in a pillow fort and pretend you don't exist.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Eternity & The Internet

Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 23, 2009
(0)
thanks for the response

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 24, 2009
(0)
you are welcome.

Knight Rider Rules.gif

AT&T's return policy has changed effective 10/07/12.  You have 14 days to return the device & cxl without a ETF.  Policy info HERE.

Where is Justin Timberlake when you need him?. I need him to billed me a bridge to get a cross all these tears from complainers.This post is protected under the laws of the United States & other Countries. Unauthorized duplication, Distribution may result in civil liability & criminal prosecution.The OP gratefully acknowledge the cooperation of: The mods, Fellow forumites, Canada, The United States Of America, Mexico, USVI & Europe. As well as James Bond.

When the going gets rough, hide in a pillow fort and pretend you don't exist.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 29, 2010
(0)

Im thinking of calling customer care to have them add the NWIX block feature to disable internet features on my phone so that I dont accidently incur data charges on my bill.  My question is, exactly what features will get blocked by doing this.  Somebody told me that I would no longer be able to send/receive pictures in my text messaging.  Is this right?

Alternatively, can a password be setup so that I wouldnt be charged for accidently launching an internet application without "authorizing it"?

Options for Blocking Internet

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 30, 2010
(0)
The only features that will be blocked are the Internet(of course) and picture messaging as that is req to send MMS

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.

Re: Options for Blocking Internet