For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
ncinsguy's profile

Scholar

• 

34 Messages

Monday, March 23rd, 2009 4:23 PM

Eternity & The Internet

We gave my mother-in-law an Eternity and we don't have a data plan so to avoid her getting on the internet and running the bill up i want to diable the internet on her phone.  anyone know how this is done?  i need to do it on a Pantech C630 also is it the same procedure?

Accepted Solution

Expert

• 

13K Messages

15 years ago

@ncinsguy wrote:

We gave my mother-in-law an Eternity and we don't have a data plan so to avoid her getting on the internet and running the bill up i want to diable the internet on her phone.  anyone know how this is done?  i need to do it on a Pantech C630 also is it the same procedure?

Call customer care and ask them to add the NWIX block feature for you, this will disallow internet connection at all times and no need to worry about accidental charges.

Scholar

• 

34 Messages

15 years ago

thanks for the response

Expert

• 

13K Messages

15 years ago

you are welcome.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

14 years ago

Im thinking of calling customer care to have them add the NWIX block feature to disable internet features on my phone so that I dont accidently incur data charges on my bill.  My question is, exactly what features will get blocked by doing this.  Somebody told me that I would no longer be able to send/receive pictures in my text messaging.  Is this right?

Alternatively, can a password be setup so that I wouldnt be charged for accidently launching an internet application without "authorizing it"?

Guru

• 

1.3K Messages

14 years ago

The only features that will be blocked are the Internet(of course) and picture messaging as that is req to send MMS
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.