Posted Sep 28, 2013
Contract SIM insert to NO contract phone

I currently have a sim card with 2 yr contract without data. I decide to get a no contract smartphone or prepaid smartphone, so that I can insert my current sim card to the smartphone and use wifi, but I dont want to add any data plan to my current sim card service. Will I be charged if AT&T detects my phone is a smartphone and force me to add data plan?

Contract SIM insert to NO contract phone

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 28, 2013
(0)

jianlezhou wrote:

I currently have a sim card with 2 yr contract without data. I decide to get a no contract smartphone or prepaid smartphone, so that I can insert my current sim card to the smartphone and use wifi, but I dont want to add any data plan to my current sim card service. Will I be charged if AT&T detects my phone is a smartphone and force me to add data plan?

If att detects the smartphone they will automaticly add a data plan, this is in ther terms of service.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Contract SIM insert to NO contract phone