Troubleshoot your device issues
JamesFromNY's profile

Mentor

• 

39 Messages

Friday, September 2nd, 2011 1:45 AM

Can I buy the Dell Venue Pro threw AT&T?

Hay guys, can I buy the dell venue pro threw AT&T?  Or can I only get it threw dell?  I would like to buy it threw AT&T becuase Im up for a upgrade and want to keep my number.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

7.1K Messages

13 years ago

There was someone who asked this queston here very recently.  You need to get the phone through Dell but the process allows you to keep your number according to the other poster.  Call Dell vs ordering online to ensure your number transfers ect...

Mentor

• 

39 Messages

13 years ago

Thanks alot man!

Professor

• 

7.8K Messages

13 years ago

James how did your Dell purchase go? Ive bought two devices from Dell.com and both transactions were very smooth! Plus it allows me to work with dell direct should I have any warranty issues and the phones have minimal att bloat.

Getting the numbers activated from the old devices were not a headache at all. Gotta hand it to CSR that helped me both times. Each csr very fast, knowledgeable and got things activated within a few minutes!

Congrats on yoir new device, FELLOW DELL owner!

Mentor

• 

39 Messages

13 years ago

I ordered the dell last frieday and its on the way to me now, I should have it by frieday.  The ordering was smoth, I did it online becuase they were no long ofering it with a AT&T contract.  So I just spend 450 on a 16g build for AT&T 3g and I'll just put my sim card in it.  I cant wait, pluss now incase anything happens I got a unused upgrade from AT&T for a new phone.

Master

• 

7.1K Messages

13 years ago

Glad to hear it.  Once you move your SIM over, call ATT from a land line to make sure you have the right data plans on your line.  

Enjoy!

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

http://www.att.com/econtactus/callUs.jsp?serviceGroup=wireless#wireless

Professor

• 

7.8K Messages

13 years ago

The Dell Venu Pro is a Windows7 phone right? Interested to know your comments when you get it all set up.

Coach

• 

3 Messages

13 years ago

@RicoLX wrote:
The Dell Venu Pro is a Windows7 phone right? Interested to know your comments when you get it all set up.

Obviously I am a new forum member, so I may be stumbling around for a bit.

I am happily sporting an LG Quantum Windows Phone. It has been the best phone experience I have had. I won't get too detailed, but it really ties everything together very well. VERY smooth and fluid. Doesn't lock up. Simple operation, but still very capable. If you are interested in the specifics of the Dell Venue Pro, a great site to check out is WPCentral. They have a very healthy forum community that is dedicated to Windows Phone devices.

I understand that there were some initial issues with the DVP, but from what I have been hearing the past 4-5 months, they have been all but eliminated. I have been seriously considering getting a DPV, but with the new Second Generation devices coming out, I'll just get one of them.

Professor

• 

7.8K Messages

13 years ago

Hey BurnEthanol, that is very good reviews youve posted! I am really glad to hear the fluid flow of windows7! If you are like me, we came from winmo (all versions) that was very sticky. I went thru 3 HTC Tilts and an LG device trying tk get that smooth operation I now experience with android! Thanks for the web reference. Will look up the Dell Venu Pro specs.

Mentor

• 

39 Messages

13 years ago

I got that phone and is is so amazing, the OS is flawless.  The dell handset is so amazing, really dosent even feel like a phone its had to belive it is one becuase of the amazing build quality and feel.  Everything about the phone is amaznig but I having a problem buying apps sadly, Im working with AT&T to solve the problem now.  Ill keep you guys posted on it. 

As for the phone its a 9.8 out of ten, the only thing I wish was that it was a side slider keyboard and not a portred.  The touch sceen is so amazing, extreamly reasponive.  The OS is flawless and very easy to use and smoth as can be.  Looks amazing with the anamations.  The hand set alone is one of the nicest looking phones out there.  Everything about the phone in amazing only  con for the most part is my trouble Im having with the app's and the battery life isent the longiest but I read that its pretty good for todays phones.  I would love to see this phone with a side slider keyboad in the future as well and mmore WP7 phones with side slider quarty keyboards.  Amazing phone I'll keep you guys posted on the app problem I'm having, working with AT&T rite now to resolve it.

Professor

• 

7.8K Messages

13 years ago

@JamesFromNY wrote:

I got that phone and is is so amazing, the OS is flawless.  The dell handset is so amazing, really dosent even feel like a phone its had to belive it is one becuase of the amazing build quality and feel.  Everything about the phone is amaznig but I having a problem buying apps sadly, Im working with AT&T to solve the problem now.  Ill keep you guys posted on it. 

As for the phone its a 9.8 out of ten, the only thing I wish was that it was a side slider keyboard and not a portred.  The touch sceen is so amazing, extreamly reasponive.  The OS is flawless and very easy to use and smoth as can be.  Looks amazing with the anamations.  The hand set alone is one of the nicest looking phones out there.  Everything about the phone in amazing only  con for the most part is my trouble Im having with the app's and the battery life isent the longiest but I read that its pretty good for todays phones.  I would love to see this phone with a side slider keyboad in the future as well and mmore WP7 phones with side slider quarty keyboards.  Amazing phone I'll keep you guys posted on the app problem I'm having, working with AT&T rite now to resolve it.

James! glad you are having fun with your new baby!  Hows your weekend and getting to know your new device more?  did you say this phone does not have a sliding keyboard but only a touchscreen?  Have you thought about getting a bluetooth keypad? Small/compact?  Thats what I have for my phone (i got tired of waiting on  aTT to release phones with keypads so just sprung for a bluetooth)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.