For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
briand069's profile

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

Tuesday, September 23rd, 2008 4:58 PM

Closed

Announce incoming call not working

I've been trying for the last day to get this to work. I have all the options set right and when a call comes in, it rings once then where I think it should be announcing the call it's just blank. What else can I try? The other voice command stuff seems to be working ok.

Thanks
Brian

Accepted Solution

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

16 years ago

Well, I got it working. I went ahead and did a hard reset and that seesm to have done it. Thanks for the replies.

Brian

Master

• 

2.7K Messages

16 years ago

The incoming call anouncement always comes out from the speaker, not BT headset regardless how you set it up. If you set your VC to announce through BT only and you have no BT head set on, you will hear nothing.

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

16 years ago

I do not have it set to BT. I have it set to speaker only, but I did try setting it to BT when available but still not change.

Master

• 

2.7K Messages

16 years ago

Try set your ringtone to nothing or just vibrate and see what happens. This feature is the one that never works right in WM6. Even now, it won't announce through BT headset.

Also, are you using the one comes with WM 6.1 or you installed the retail version? The retail version of VC 1.6 is actually quite old and the incoming announcement didn't work for WM6 at all.

Message Edited by foxbat121 on 09-23-2008 01:52:29 PM

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

16 years ago

Guess I should have stated that before, this is WM 6.1.  I tried setting none or vibrate and still nothing.

Master

• 

2.7K Messages

16 years ago

Did you enable it in the VC settings? It is disabled out of box IIRC.

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

16 years ago

Yes. It is enabled in the voice command menu. Also, this was an upgrade from WM 6 to 6.1. Not sure if that matters or not.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.